An on-demand delivery service.
DoorDash is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead our fast-growing Search engineering team. The mission of this team is to help consumers find the selection and services they are looking for, faster and more reliably than the best local experts.
What You’ll Achieve
- You will lead a full-stack team with primarily backend and ML engineers
- You will partner with cross-functional stakeholders to define the roadmap and vision for the team and delivery immense impact
- Scale the team by developing internal team and attracting top talents
- Provided technical guidance and roll up your sleeves with hands-on contributions when necessary
What We're Looking For
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years of industry experience
- Minimum of 2 years of management experience
- Strong hands-on experience with large scale distributed system design and performance optimization
- Strong domain expertise in information retrieval and natural language processing
- Great understanding of search engines such as Elasticsearch, Solr, or Lucene
- Ability to lead and grow an excellent engineering team in a rapidly changing business environment
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 850 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.