Robinhood lets you learn to invest in the stock market for free.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
Robinhood’s Trust Engineering Team is looking for Insider Threat Engineers to join our Insider Abuse team.
The Insider Threat team is focused on protecting, detecting, and responding to and from internal threats to Robinhood data and systems. The team identifies malicious and accidental misuse of otherwise legitimate access to data from people inside the company.
We investigate across a broad spectrum of threats and abuse including abuse of personal data, intellectual property, and leaks of sensitive information. We collaborate across our security engineering teams to build detection capabilities and analyze how abuse happens so that we can stay ahead of those who are interested in misusing their access.
The Insider Threat Detection & Incident Response team is looking for an engineer who is deeply passionate about this growing corner of the Security industry to build the systems, analyze the data, and run investigations to fuel this critical team.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Create capabilities for detecting irregular and/or anomalous internal activities
- Provide system engineering, security engineering, programmatic integration, technical support documents, and expert assistance on solutions to enable the insider risk program operations and coordination
- Perform independent assessments to validate the processes, procedures, and designs of the insider risk systems remain effective, accurate, functional, and secure
- Aggregate, analyze, and evaluate technical data sources to identify insider risks
- Support testing, implementation, and updating of insider risk system rules and policies
- Provide guidance on maturing information security programs, detecting and responding to insider risk technical alerts, and execution of technologies used for program
- Develop proper systems, tooling, and regularly validated access controls to keep implemented insider risk solutions and incoming data feeds confidential and secure
- Build, cultivate and maintain positive relationships with internal customers to identify and facilitate solutions to increase the impact of the team's work
- Work with Technical Program Managers and Technical Writers to develop documentation of Insider Threat landscape
- Be the face of and subject matter expert for the services for your team provides to the legal, people, compliance, and executive teams
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of work experience in insider threat / abuse domain
- Exceptional integrity and emotional intelligence
- Familiarity with ELK, Splunk, and/or other SIEMs
- Strong understanding of threat and behavioral analysis and enterprise level, mitigation strategies.
- Experience with broader system forensics
- Bonus points:
- Passion for working and learning in a fast-growing company
- Experience in the Financial Sector
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.