Amplitude helps companies build better products.
As Product Designers at Amplitude, we collaborate with smart, friendly cross-functional teams to create delightful user experiences that solve customer problems. We care deeply about helping our customers use data to build better products, and we’re looking for empathetic and passionate design interns to help us push the product to the next level.
As a Product Design Intern, you will be paired with one of our Product Designers, who will be your mentor throughout the summer. During your internship, you will collaborate with product managers, engineers, and designers and work on 1-2 projects that have direct customer impact. You’ll gain exposure to how a design team works and have many opportunities to develop your craft and professional skills.
As a Product Design Intern, you will:
- Work closely with your mentor and team to define features for your product area, and gain experience working throughout the design process from concept to delivery.
- Create flows, wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs of your features.
- Attend user research sessions to develop empathy and learn about our customers.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and other designers to implement and ship a high-quality user experience.
- Solicit feedback to incorporate into your designs from your mentor, other designers, and cross-functional team members.
You'll be a great addition to the team if:
- You think deeply about user problems and make rational design decisions.
- You have a strong portfolio showcasing foundational interaction and visual design skills, product thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- You are humble and eager to iterate on designs based on customer feedback.
- You are excited to learn and grow as a designer.
- You are pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in design or a related major.
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
The Product: Amplitude is the world's #1 product intelligence platform– we empower teams to use customer data to build great product experiences for growth. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as our innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, Peloton, FuboTV, and Thredup.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, and Paris.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables the creation of better products, the ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.