Attentive is a personalized mobile messaging platform for innovative brands.
Business Operations and Strategy
New York City, NY, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $230 million investment led by Coatue in September 2020, just 5 months after its Series C round due to strong customer traction. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 2,000+ of the most innovative brands like Sephora, Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, PacSun, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
The Business Operations and Strategy team owns the design and execution of strategic projects to scale the organization. You'll work across functional areas like Sales, Marketing, Product, and Client Strategy, developing initiatives and processes to make the business more efficient and nimble. This role is very hands-on. You'll be expected to own the implementation and successful outcome of every initiative you work on, collaborating with leadership and key stakeholders. Due to the breadth of your responsibility and impact, it's essential that you're able to motivate, empathize with, and communicate with stakeholders at every level of the organization.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, collaborative, adept at navigating interpersonal relationships, and quantitatively and qualitatively analytical. You believe in getting your hands dirty, and that no task is too small if it's in service of the broader outcome. You thrive in ambiguity and act as a strong operator with a service mentality.
- Work cross functionally to understand and solve some of Attentive’s most challenging business problems
- Coordinate with multiple stakeholders to ensure timely execution of projects
- Diagnose problems and make data-driven recommendations on how to solve them to the executive team. Execute quickly on those recommendations.
- Identify gaps and propose changes to existing processes. Develop scalable solutions.
- Execute on existing cross-functional processes such as headcount planning, goal setting, and business metric tracking.
- Be willing and eager to tackle any problem, large or small
Skills and Qualifications
- BA/BS from a top tier university
- 4+ years of work experience
- Consulting and start up experience preferred
- Previous experience managing complex projects with many stakeholders
- Ability to track and execute multiple simultaneous projects
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- High emotional intelligence
- Openness and responsiveness to feedback
- Attitude towards continuous growth and improvement
Benefits and Perks
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Full support for remote work during COVID-19
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.