Attentive is a personalized mobile messaging platform for innovative brands.
Engineering Manager - Platform Infrastructure
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $230 million investment led by Coatue in September 2020, just 5 months after its Series C round due to strong customer traction. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 2,000+ of the most innovative brands like Sephora, Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, PacSun, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
Our team is currently capable of sending tens of millions of messages per day and thousands per second (!). We are continuing to rapidly scale up our capabilities as our customer base grows. Beyond this, the team will be responsible for expanding our messaging capabilities into exciting new areas (FB, WhatsApp, international, push notifications, etc).
This is a hands-on role where you are expected to balance people management, cross-functional leadership, and coding. You should be comfortable letting your tech leads take true ownership of projects while keeping enough of an eye on things to make sure the train stays on the track.
You at Attentive:
- You will be an effective people manager who also has the capability to contribute as a highly-technical hands-on infrastructure engineer when the need arises.
- You have experience building scalable and fault tolerant distributed systems.
- You can understand that your customer is the Engineering organization and you constantly work to identify problems or opportunities that can be addressed through technology.
- You have strong experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Pulumi) and can not imagine a world without it.
- You understand the importance of CI/CD in building high-performing teams and have worked with tools like Jenkins, CircleCI, and Spinnaker.
- You can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and building products.
- You are very familiar with containers and container orchestration and have direct experience with vanilla Docker as well as Kubernetes. Bonus if you have experience with the Istio Service Mesh!
- You have built and operated infrastructure supporting complex software products.
- You know what makes a high performing team and have managed one yourself.
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.