Attentive®️ is a personalized text messaging platform for innovative brands.
Senior Software Engineer - Platform Infrastructure
United States of America
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $230 million investment led by Coatue in September 2020, just 5 months after its Series C round due to strong customer traction. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 2,000+ of the most innovative brands like Sephora, Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, PacSun, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
We’re looking for a self-motivated, highly driven Senior Software Engineer to join our Platform Infrastructure team. As a member of the team you’ll work to enable teams at Attentive to quickly build scalable, secure, and performant applications.
This team is responsible for building and operating the core infrastructure of our microservices architecture here at Attentive which consists of Kubernetes, Istio, Lambda, API Gateway, Kinesis, DynamoDB, and ElastiCache. We leverage Terraform as our Infrastructure as Code solution and are consistently working to improve our release process through investments in CI/CD. Our goal is to enable teams to deploy to production quickly and reliably in order to promote faster product iteration.
You at Attentive:
- You have been working in the areas of Site Reliability Engineering / DevOps / Infrastructure for 5+ years, and have a solid understanding of best practices.
- You have experience building infrastructure in a microservices architecture
- You have a background in software development and passionate about bringing that experience to bear on the world of infrastructure.
- You have strong experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Pulumi) and can not imagine a world without it.
- You understand the importance of CI/CD in building high-performing teams and have worked with tools like Jenkins, CircleCI, and Spinnaker.
- You are passionate about observability and worked with tools such as (Splunk, Nagios, Sensu, Datadog, New Relic).
- You are very familiar with containers and container orchestration and have direct experience with vanilla Docker as well as Kubernetes. Bonus if you have experience with the Istio Service Mesh!
- You have a passion for collaboration and enjoy educating others about best practices.
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.