Attentive is a personalized mobile messaging platform for innovative brands.
Senior Software Engineer - Test Infrastructure
United States of America
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $230 million investment led by Coatue in September 2020, just 5 months after its Series C round due to strong customer traction. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 2,000+ of the most innovative brands like Sephora, Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, PacSun, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
We’re looking for a self-motivated, highly driven Senior Software Engineer to join our Engineering Effectiveness team to lead our efforts in developing our test infrastructure. As a member of the team, you’ll drive the technical direction for the testing tools and patterns needed to enable engineers to confidently build and release code to production many times per day. You will build out libraries and tooling to support testing across the engineering stack. This includes areas such as Synthetic Testing, Contract Testing, Load Testing, and Functional Testing. You will also participate in code and design reviews with a focus on ensuring our applications are easily testable.
You at Attentive:
- You have worked professionally with web technologies for 5+ years with experience on a single application long enough to see the consequences of your decisions.
- You have experience with testing infrastructure and practices including areas such as Synthetic Testing, Contract Testing, Load Testing, and Functional Testing
- You have a proven track record of building applications that maintain a high bar of quality.
- You are opinionated about how to write and deliver good software and are passionate about teaching others how to do so
- You have experience developing software in a microservices architecture
- You are excited by new technologies but are conscious of choosing them for the right reasons.
- You are constantly improving the quality of the project you are working on, both via code contributions as well as long-term advocacy for larger scale changes.
- You are enthusiastic about the high impact, fast-paced work environment of an early stage startup
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.