Senior Systems Engineer, Radar
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Embark Trucks is a leading self-driving truck company bringing autonomous freight mainstream. We have raised $117m by partnering with Tiger Global ($70m Series C) and Sequoia Capital ($30m Series B) to help grow our team and introduce our technology to the public. Currently, we move freight daily between LA and Phoenix using our purpose-built transfer hubs. We have aligned ourselves with truck manufacturers, shippers, and carriers to integrate our technology into the freight ecosystem. This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous vehicles and our team is looking to grow.
As a radar sensor systems engineer, you will be responsible for the identification, evaluation, and integration of radar sensors for Embark's self-driving technology. You will work directly with the software team, and mechanical engineers to identify the requirements of perception for radar sensors. This role will require working with third party radar sensors vendors to deliver production-quality radar sensors for Embark’s self-driving trucks.
- Partner with software teams and use real-world driving scenarios to define requirements for radar sensors.
- Research and identify the latest Radar sensor technologies and vendors.
- Work with multiple vendor sensor solutions to analyze, test, and evaluate sensor performance against our requirements.
- Design and work with the team to implement solutions for electrical integration of the Radar sensors with Embark’s automated driving hardware.
- Software integration of the sensors to ensure the sensor data is available for algorithm development by our automated driving software stack.
- Establish QA methodologies and processes for testing sensor performance in the lab and in the field.
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or similar degree.
- 4+ years of experience in working with Radars
- Advanced technical understanding of the physics and fundamental technologies used in Radar sensors
- Experience with radar, DSP algorithms, radar requirements generation, and radar validation/testing
- Experience analyzing data using Python or other high-level languages (e.g. Matlab, SQL, C/C++)
- Experience in developing software/firmware and integrating vendor-provided sensor drivers with ROS
- Exposure to firmware design and/or real-time systems
- Proven ability to interact directly with multiple vendors to resolve technical issues
- Knowledge of Linux, real-time systems, scripts, and software version control
- Knowledge of algorithms used to process sensor data is a plus
When you apply, address the application to Dominique and let me know why you want to join our team.
A few company highlights: