productboard is the product management system that helps organizations get the right products to market, faster.
At Productboard, we believe in making products that matter – products that not only solve real-world problems but also delight the user. To help us with this mission, we’re looking for a talented designer to join our fast-growing team.
You’ll get your hands dirty in all steps of product discovery and delivery. You’ll be part of the whole product lifecycle, working closely with product managers, engineers, data analysts, and customers to bring amazing ideas to life.
You'll be a part of a team creating tools for collaboration within larger organizations, improving our product's reporting capabilities, and architecting a robust access management system. Product management is an exciting, rapidly-evolving emerging field, and so you'll be often solving hard problems that haven't been solved before.
Let’s design products that matter, together.
On a typical day, you will …
- Own design initiatives in your cross-functional team, and collaborate closely with others
- Work alongside a team of seasoned designers who are eager to learn from each other
- Do concepting and ideation, user flow design, detailed interaction design, and prototyping
- Create simple and elegant visual UI designs
- Spend a good portion of your time conducting user research, analyzing and presenting findings
- Test assumptions with stakeholders and customers to pick the best solution for delivery
- Evaluate shipped work across multiple releases, perform continuous discovery and experimentation, and craft improvements
- Get user feedback and love 💕
You have the mind, heart, and skills of a holistic product designer with a desire to delight users.
- You are a systemic thinker who thinks holistically, and can translate complex problems into simple and intuitive user experiences
- You have solid knowledge of UX design processes and methodologies, but are adaptive and always happy to try out new approaches
- You have a strong desire to get to the root of customers’ problems
- You can plan and conduct exploratory user research and usability testing
- You can communicate complex conceptual ideas, design decisions, and research findings succinctly and effectively across different audiences
- You care about the impact of your work and can deliver high-quality design work at pace
- You have an inclusive, transparent collaboration style, and good stakeholder management skills
Bonus points for:
- 2+ years of experience in a B2B SaaS organization with a mature product and design practice
- Experience with enterprise software and awareness of the underlying organizational context – you worked in a large company or designed systems for them
- Good understanding of product management & strategy fundamentals
- Generally being a nice person, who's fun to work with and be around 🤗
You can look forward to the following benefits:
💰 Stock options
💻 MacBook Pro + 34″ monitor
📚 Budget for online courses, books, and conferences
🏝 5 weeks of vacation + sick days
❤️ 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your heart
🍲 Free snacks, drinks, and yummy catered lunches every day (or lunch delivered to your home)
💚 shared Headspace account for mindfulness & mental health
🏋 MultiSport card to access sports facilities
🍹 Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats
⏱ Flexible working hours and home office
🧒🏻 Parental benefits
🎓 Language lessons
🌁 Opportunity to travel to San Francisco
✈️ Relocation Package for foreign (non-Czech/Slovak) candidates relocating to Prague
Productboard is the product management system of choice for everyone from Avast and Microsoft to rising stars like Metromile and Envoy. In early 2020, we closed our $45M Series-B round, backed by VC giants Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Index Ventures. Headquartered in San Francisco, we are a truly international company, with offices in Vancouver and Prague.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- With modern offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Prague, you can expect occasional travel across the Atlantic!
About our culture
At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
You can get to know your future colleagues by listening to our People of Productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile and People of Productboard FB page for more info about life at Productboard.