Rec Room is an augmented and virtual reality software company.
Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all! Our Organic Growth Team is hiring a Software Development Engineer to build features that grow our player base. In this role, you will develop features and drive experiments that help connect our game with future players.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Work autonomously and iteratively to build features that drive organic player growth
- Experiment over and over again, and use data to know what features to keep
- Build and iterate on social components that impact Rec Room’s overall player growth
WE ARE LOOKING FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience building and shipping production-ready code (i.e., C# or C++)
- 1+ years of experience building mobile applications (specifically IOS)
- Experience working with Unity (at least one shipped game, personal or professional)
- Excellent cross-discipline communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, autonomous, and ambiguous environment
- A constant desire to learn, improve, and help others improve
- Ability to onboard and work remotely until we return to the office, located in Seattle, WA.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience working on Social Games or Products
- Experience working with game engines such as Unity, Unreal, or something similar
- Experience developing for multiple platforms (mobile, console, VR)
- Passion for game design, specifically game feel and high-quality player feedback
- Background in Augmented or Virtual Reality technologies (e.g., HTC Vive, Steam VR, Oculus Rift, etc.)
- Experience working on a live online service
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW:
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. We also support your retirement benefits with a company match. Rec Room values work-life balance by providing unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture. We work hard to be a safe and friendly place for people from all walks of life.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.