Rec Room is an augmented and virtual reality software company.
Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all! Our Audience & Creator Engagement (ACE) team is hiring a Software Development Engineer to build the systems which ensure our player-created content finds its audience. In this role, you will build game features to showcase this content, including compelling social and inclusive experiences that connect millions of players 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Work autonomously and iteratively to improve Audience & Creator Engagement at Rec Room
- Build and improve moderation tools, features, and workflows that showcase our player created content
WE ARE LOOKING FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience building and shipping production-ready gameplay code (i.e., C# or C++)
- Excellent cross-discipline communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, autonomous, and ambiguous environment
- A constant desire to learn, improve, and help others improve
- Ability to onboard and work remotely until we return to the office, located in Seattle, WA.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience working with game engines such as Unity, Unreal, or something similar
- Experience developing for multiple platforms (mobile, console, VR)
- Passion for game design, specifically game feel and high-quality player feedback
- Background in Augmented or Virtual Reality technologies (e.g., HTC Vive, Steam VR, Oculus Rift, etc.)
- Experience working on a live online service
- Strong 3d math skills
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW:
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. We also support your retirement benefits with a company match. Rec Room values work-life balance by providing unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture. We work hard to be a safe and friendly place for people from all walks of life.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.