Amplitude helps companies build better products.
Amplitude is looking for a VP of Finance and Investor Relations to join our team. You will be responsible for overseeing the global Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team and building an Investor Relations function. The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar role at a publicly traded SaaS company.
You will report directly to the CFO and play a critical and strategic role at Amplitude.
As VP of Finance and Investor Relations, you will:
- Lead company’s annual planning process, monthly and quarterly re-forecasting, management and Board reporting, and financial partnership to the organization.
- Develop internal financial reporting and commentary that provides senior leaders with timely insights into trends, operational results, and growth drivers.
- Build and foster strong cross-functional relationships across the business. Help the company understand how all the pieces fit together and drive performance.
- Focus on operational excellence, including investment in the tools and processes that provide improved outcomes and experiences for business and finance partners; increase the consistency and quality of reporting to provide clear insights and speed decision-making
- Handle first line communications between the company and the investment community including shareholder relations, both domestic and international.
- Coordinate and/or prepare earnings releases and other financial announcements, conference call remarks, investor presentations, and management reports of market, trading, and stock ownership nature
- Work with the CFO to maintain and develop sell-side and buy-side analyst relationships
- Advise senior management on expected investment community reaction to various strategic decisions and current market perceptions of the company
- Works closely with Corporate Communications team on full range of external and internal communications
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business; MBA preferred
- Minimum 15 years of FP&A, corporate finance, equity research, investment banking experience, with a minimum of 5 years in a financial leadership position (Director or above) in a technology (preferably enterprise SaaS) company
- Proven success building an IR function in a public technology company preferred
- The ability to communicate business strategies and complex financial information clearly and accurately to a variety of audiences both orally and through written material utilizing strong written and verbal communication skills
- Thorough familiarity with all aspects of public company SEC reporting
- Broad knowledge of stock exchange rules and regulations
- Thorough understanding of quantitative and qualitative financial modeling
- Proven ability to create and analyze financial models to analyze company performance relative to analyst and investor models and to effectively position the Company among its competitors
- Experience interacting with and presenting to executive teams, board members, investors, analysts, agencies, and other external parties
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is the world's #1 product intelligence platform– we empower teams to use customer data to build great product experiences for growth. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Over twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Microsoft, Ford, NBC Universal, Hubspot, and PayPal.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.