Amplitude helps companies build better products.
We’re looking for a Senior Growth Engineer who will own engineering projects that impact customer acquisition, monetization, and customer retention. You’ll be part of the engineering team and work across teams with people from product, marketing, customer success, and design. Everything you work on will have a direct and measurable impact on Amplitude’s business metrics and trajectory. If you have a mix of frontend and backend development, strong systems and product thinking, owned projects end to end in the past, and want to use your technical skills to drive business growth, this role could be a great fit.
As a Senior Growth Engineer, you will:
- Taking projects from ideation to implementation
- Designing and implementing improvements or new flows within the Amplitude product to increase retention and engagement(ex. New user experience, onboarding, invite flows, feature adoption)
- Setting up A/B tests and experiments in and out of the core product
- Implementing analytics tracking and using Amplitude to measure experiment results and usage metrics
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- Growth mindset: you are motivated by moving metrics and driving concrete business outcomes while solving customer pain points
- Can question your own assumptions and come up with experiments to validate them
- Can rapidly prototype solutions as well as take a concept to production
- Would rather implement, learn from results, and iterate quickly than spend a lot of time tweaking and perfecting things before shipping
- At least 3 years experience building and maintaining products with real-world usage
- Familiarity with UI/UX best practices
- Wireframing and schematics, prototyping where useful and necessary
- Strong understanding of responsive design/development techniques and principles
- Experience with web or mobile analytics technologies and/or data analysis methods (ex. SQL)
- Have worked with a frontend web framework, especially React
- Experience writing hand-coded HTML email (and knowledge of HTML email rendering bugs and workarounds)
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Over twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Microsoft, Ford, NBC Universal, Hubspot, and PayPal.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.