Amplitude helps companies build better products.
At Amplitude, we’re building analytics that helps our customers use data to build better products and drive growth. We’re already the analytics platform of choice for many top product teams around the world including Microsoft, Square, and Hubspot. Our team is defining the future of how companies interact with data to build better products.
The Business Systems team leverages data, technology, and process to support the explosive growth of Amplitude. We partner with leaders from the Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, Partnerships, Legal, Finance, and Accounting teams to develop a cohesive go-to-market strategy and execute on a global scale. The business systems team is the foundation component of Business Operations that provides the data, automation, and tooling required for scale.
The Salesforce Developer will design, develop, and implement SaaS-based application, data, and integration Engineering solutions that help run our go-to-market and back-office functions. In addition, they will evaluate existing components or systems to determine integration requirements and to ensure final solutions meet organizational needs. This role requires deep Salesforce.com configuration & customization knowledge, integration experience and sound judgment in order to effectively plan and deliver. Over time, a successful candidate will own one or more pieces of our Business Systems infrastructure and may be required to lead or direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected! Amplitude is growing at an extraordinary pace and there is a tremendous opportunity for professional growth in this position.
This position is an individual contributor and reports to the Head of Business Systems.
As a Salesforce Developer, you will:
- Deliver world-class business systems to drive Amplitude forward.
- Collaborate with a group of BSAs to deliver on projects using proven software development processes (Agile / SCRUM).
- Work with internal business team customers to gather requirements to deliver innovative solutions that meet needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability and realistic implementation schedules.
- Work cross-functionally with other engineering teams, such as BI/data engineering, growth engineering, and product development.
You’ll be a great addition to the team if:
- You have a BS or MS in Computer Science, Information Systems, and/or equivalent work experience
- You have 3+ years of experience in IT applications, specifically with Salesforce.com configuration, customization and support.
- You are experienced with the Salesforce.com developer toolkit including Apex Classes, Controllers and Triggers, Visualforce, Force.com IDE, Migration Tools, Web Services.
- You have experience with Salesforce data tools (Data Loader, Excel Connector, SFDX, Eclipse Force.com IDE etc.), and/or scripted data loader.
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Over twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Microsoft, Ford, NBC Universal, Hubspot, and PayPal.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.