Amplitude helps companies build better products.
Amplitude’s Sales Strategy and Operations team is helping to plan for, manage, and support a rapidly growing field organization. We are building a high-performing and highly cross functional team to support and enable our success in the Field. We are a data driven team that partners with regional and functional field leaders to design our policies, processes, and investment strategies as we build and evolve for scale. Now we’re seeking a year-round intern to help support our sales planning process out of our San Francisco office!
As a Territory Operations Intern, you will:
- Support and run our semi-annual data quality program to ensure all account information for customers and prospects are accurate and complete.
- Review our account universe in Salesforce.com and identify missing attributes associated with our existing customers and prospect accounts.
- Learn how to use Salesforce.com and our other sales productivity tools to research account attributes (i.e. location, industry, company size, parent company, subsidiary info, etc) and update our account records in Salesforce.
- Ensure our Salesforce.com CRM database is refreshed and complete to allow the Sales Strategy teams to extract the data and derive coverage and territory recommendations as part of a formal semi-annual go to market planning process.
- Answer inbound inquiries from the field and sales strategy related to account data and attributes.
- Be goal-oriented, and highly proactive about coming up with creative ways for us to grow and scale and overachieve against our intended planning milestones.
You'll be a great addition to the team if you are:
- Proactive, motivated, and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Resourceful and can leverage others on the team for help. Most importantly, can assess when to ask for help in order to keep things moving.
- Well organized and can provide frequent status updates, identify challenges or blockers, and can communicate clearly and concisely.
- Strong executive presence and an ability to communicate effectively with your peers, senior field leadership, and executive team.
- A track record of lifting up the people around you
At minimum, you should be:
- A current undergraduate student at an accredited university.
- Eager to learn and demonstrate professional curiosity.
- Experience leading, influencing, and managing team projects.
- Able to work full time when school is not in session and part time during the school year.
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is the world's #1 product intelligence platform– we empower teams to use customer data to build great product experiences for growth. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, Peloton, FuboTV, and Thredup.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Austin, Amsterdam, London, and Paris.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.