Attentive®️ is a personalized text messaging platform for innovative brands.
Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer
United States of America
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $230 million investment led by Coatue in September 2020, just 5 months after its Series C round due to strong customer traction. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 2,000+ of the most innovative brands like Sephora, Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, PacSun, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
We are seeking an enigmatic and self driven Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer to join our small but growing Analytics team. As an early hire to our newly formed BI Engineering team, you’ll help build and shape the backbone for analytics needs across the organization. You’ll work with Business Intelligence Engineers and Analysts, as well as other internal teams to define and shape self-service analytics and a data driven organization. You’ll also support the relationship between the BI & Analytics teams and data engineering as we build out a world-class data warehouse for our business and clients.
If you are a self starter, excited about building a data driven culture, and motivated by making an impact, then you may be a good fit for this role.
You @ Attentive:
- You will work with teams across the company to define BI and analytics requirements
- You will work alongside data engineers to develop data models to feed dashboards for teams across the org, as well as, client-facing analytics
- You will work with data engineers and analysts to model data and build scalable data pipelines for BI
- You are a self starter with a high desire to learn
- You have experience with SQL
- You have experience with Python
- You have experience with ETL development
- You are a team player with collaboration and communication skills
- 2+ years of BI experience
Nice to have:
- You have proficiency or experience with Airflow
- You have proficiency or experience with AWS
- You have experience with a BI tool like Looker or Tableau
Benefits & Perks:
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Full support for remote work during COVID-19
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.