Attentive®️ is a personalized text messaging platform for innovative brands.
Senior Product Designer
United States of America
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $230 million investment led by Coatue in September 2020, just 5 months after its Series C round due to strong customer traction. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 2,000+ of the most innovative brands like Sephora, Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, PacSun, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
We’re looking for a talented, highly driven senior product designer to join our team. As a product designer at Attentive, you will be driving design concepts, creating UX flows and prototypes, conducting research, and creating high fidelity designs for our customer-facing web platform.
You @ Attentive:
- You’ll own design projects end-to-end, from ideation and research to pixel-perfect execution for new and existing products and features.
- You’ll partner closely with Engineering and Product Management to build and ship experiences that delight our users.
- You’ll work directly with our Head of Design to cultivate a creative design process that is built on strong cross-functional collaboration.
- You’ll add to and maintain our visual design language across both our external and internal-facing products.
- You’ll act as a design and UX expert for our employees, advising on design best practices and solutions.
Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years of related professional experience, leading design initiatives and strategy on consumer or enterprise experiences
- High proficiency with prototyping and visual design software, including Sketch
- A portfolio that demonstrates UX and visual skills in digital products.
- Willingness to work extremely hard within a fast-paced environment in order to turn around high-quality designs quickly
- Ability to defend your work, but also take creative feedback and execute updates in a professional manner
- Unafraid to ask questions and communicate effectively and openly, working across teams and directly with department heads
Nice To Have:
- Basic knowledge of HTML / CSS
Product Development @ Attentive:
- Our backend is Java and Python microservices coupled with DynamoDB, Kinesis, AirFlow, MySql, Postgres, and Redis.
- Our frontend is built on current best practices leveraging Babel, Webpack, React, and Redux.
- Our team is 50+ engineers, product managers and designers from top tech companies including Google, Microsoft, Twitter, Moat, Oscar and AppNexus.
- We believe our company will win in the long run through product innovation. To get there, we obsess over iteratively delivering customer value through rapid prototyping and data driven decision making.
Benefits & Perks
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Full support for remote work during COVID-19
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.