Bird is a shared electric scooter company.
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 150 cities around the world. And we're just getting started.
- A Government Partnerships Manager for Bird will help solve regulatory challenges related to entering and operating in multiple markets by developing a foundation for Bird to work in partnership with city and community stakeholders
- Facilitate the suitable regulatory frameworks for Bird to operate in each market within their portfolio working to optimize the regulatory environment for Bird
- Introduce Bird to new markets and navigate city and state regulatory structures; respond to and mitigate local concerns as they arise; engage and develop positive working relationships with government and community stakeholders
- The right person will excel at identifying and addressing local concerns; actively managing Bird’s participation in any regulatory processes required, such as testifying at legislative hearings; negotiating with elected officials, agency regulators and other stakeholders; and otherwise advocating for Bird to achieve favorable operating conditions as needed
- Work with other GP directors, associates, legal staff and Bird Leadership; with other departments, including ops, marketing, community affairs; and with external consultants
- Ensure smooth launches in new cities and that the company remains responsive to local concerns as they emerge
- 5+ years work experience in government, political or management consulting, lobbying, in-house GP, political communications, city or state government, legislative affairs, urban mobility, politics/campaigns, advocacy
- Flexibility to travel as needed, experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Experience navigating bureaucracy, interacting with different stakeholders
- Self-starter, ability to own and drive priorities within your portfolio
- Flexible, creative thinker, able to think outside the box and pursue new solutions
- Understanding of both the regulatory processes and politics involved at the state and local level
- Experienced public speaker, comfortable communicating your message and responding to tough questions from hostile audiences- from community groups to high-ranking elected officials
- Ability to negotiate with city and/or legislative staff effectively, while also creating positive relationships
- Ability to think on your feet- to quickly synthesize and respond to new information while also continuing to drive your priorities- both one-on-one or when presenting publicly
- Thorough attention to detail when analyzing regulatory language and parameters
- Willingness to hold yourself, team members and consultants accountable to continuously be anticipating challenges, identifying opportunities, and delivering results
- Assisting in outreach to local officials and with preparation for meetings with key stakeholders.
- Ability to be highly responsive and willing to work flexible hours, an ability to lead and manage shifting assignments and multiple projects at the same time is a must
- BA required, advanced degree, JD, MBA, or MPA preferred
- Government sales experience - selling technology, software, or transportation services to cities highly preferred.
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We’re committed to helping our team members, and with the evolution of our company to a remote work organization due to the pandemic, their needs have changed. That’s why we offer generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, a WFH monthly stipend, a wellness allowance, and more. Plus, a new resource to help support personal and professional developments—all the goods needed to move on our mission together.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.