Druva is a leading provider of continuous data protection and disaster recovery solutions.
Druva delivers data protection and management for the cloud era. Druva Cloud Platform is built on AWS and offered as-a-Service; delivering globally accessible, infinitely scalable and completely autonomous enterprise data resiliency. Customers drive down costs by up to 50 percent by freeing themselves from the burden of unnecessary hardware, capacity planning, and software management. Druva’s patented cloud architecture transforms backup data into an asset, making it more open and accessible so customers can streamline governance, improve cyber resiliency, and gain critical insights to uncover opportunities and expedite decision making.
Druva has raised over $350m in venture capital, is trusted by over 4,000 global organizations and protects over 200 PB of data.
Druva is seeking a Sr. Manager of Sales Engineering to manage the sales engineering that supports direct enterprise account executives. You will play a critical role in growing Druva’s business by building and leading a high performing team of Sales Engineers. Our Sales Engineers play a vital role in demonstrating and communicating the value of Druva’s SaaS data protection platform and thought leadership to our prospective and existing customer in the Data Protection market.
This role will work out of Druva's HQ located in Sunnyvale, CA. This individual will also work cross-functionally with program management, product management, engineering, customer success and marketing teams at Druva in an effort to ensure collaboration on GTM programs.
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned sales engineering leader, with a heavy background in Data Protection. It will be equally important to demonstrate competence in SaaS technologies, strategic planning, solution development, technical enablement and process management. They should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges. Flexibility in your current skill set and a demonstrable eagerness to learn new things are key criteria to any candidates for this position. You will work in a team of regional SE leaders across the globe and will report to the Global VP of Sales Engineering at Druva.
- Hire, coach and drive an outstanding Sales Engineering team to deliver against assigned goals
- Manage individual and team performance ensuring that we are taking the necessary actions to maintain high levels of performance
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills, and strong management consulting skills to influence thinking or gain acceptance of multiple customer constituencies
- Work to improve the Druva sales methodology and processes effectively, including development of product presentations and demonstrations tailored to our partners requirements and tuned to suit the level and nature of the audience
- Assess gaps in evolving training needs and then create and implement programs to improve sales, product and technology skills of the Sales Engineering team
- Work with Regional Sales directors on account planning, strategy and sales call activity
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly field sales, product management and marketing
- Manage relationships with product teams & decision makers both internally and externally
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years in technical customer-facing roles with at least 2+ years as a Sales Engineer
- 2+ years of experience in a pre-sales management role working with enterprise software solutions (Backup and SaaS experience a plus)
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to a technical and business audiences
- Expert level knowledge of Operating Systems including MS Windows, Linux, and MAC.
- Experience with Active Directory, SSO Tools, SCCM/Casper Deployment tools, Virtual environments (VMWare, HyperV), Storage Technologies (SAN/NAS)
- Knowledge of Networking concepts (TCP/IP, DNS, Bandwidth Management, Firewalls), Cloud Technologies using AWS/Azure.
- Fast Learner in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Results-oriented with the ability to prioritize activities, plan and organized to meet commitments
- Excellent presentation, communication (verbal & written), and relationship building skills, across all levels of management including negotiations and risk abatement
- Experience with a SaaS company or demonstrable deep knowledge of SaaS practices
- Travel up to 25%
- Strong knowledge of enterprise server backup technology
- Competence with Dell EMC data protection platforms and services
- Knowledge and practical experience with VMware & Hyper-V administration.
- Backup & Restore of File & MSSQL Servers.
- Exposure to AWS services - mainly EC2, S3, IAM & VPC.
- Understanding of project management methodologies and processes
- Exposure to Storage protocols SAS, Fibre Channel, SCSI, iSCSI
- Understanding of Network Technologies and protocols – TCP/IP, VLAN, DNS, switches, firewalls, routers