Gong.io enables revenue teams to realize their fullest potential by unveiling customer reality.
Customer Community Manager
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Gong enables revenue teams to realize their fullest potential by unveiling their customer reality. The patented Gong Revenue Intelligence Platform™ captures and understands every customer interaction, then delivers insights at scale, empowering revenue teams to make decisions based on data instead of opinions. Over 1,000 innovative companies like LinkedIn, Hubspot, Service Titan, Pinterest, and Drift trust Gong to power their customer reality. With Gong, customers experience improved win rates, increased deal sizes, and accelerated employee ramp-times.
As the Community manager for Gong you will play a key role in the launch of our customer community. Once launched you will take ownership of driving meaningful engagement activities across our customer base, moderating content and conversations on our community platform, participating in a variety of thought leadership opportunities, and providing regular metric reviews to understand the impact of the community on our business.
- Define and drive strategies that encourage client engagement with Community resources to increase utilization of Gong and other features on the Gong platform used for modern selling.
- Drive conversations and moderate the community.
- Educate internal sales and customer success teams on the value of the customer community through consulting and regular communication about the mindset, skills, and tool set necessary to work successfully with our community customers.
- Work with various internal teams to drive long-term success of the customer community.
- Advocate for community members’ interests and work with the Customer Success organization to drive solutions.
- Work with and align very closely to Product and Customer Marketing teams.
- Listen and analyze Voice of Customer, share insights with the Product and Marketing teams and drive positive outcomes for our customers, while fostering innovation at Gong.
- Establish the methodology and process for the creation and curation of Gong Community content.
- Monitor adoption and usage metrics on the community platform to drive further awareness and provide proactive reporting that helps the members of our Sales and Customer Success orgs in their work.
- Ability to travel approximately 15%...eventually.
- 3+ years in a customer facing role.
- 2+ years of social media or online community management experience.
- 2+ years of dealing with internal cross-functional teams and providing reports, findings and recommendations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in business, or related field.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships from executive to frontline levels within and across teams.
- Experience developing and delivering online customer community strategies.
- Program / project management experience.
- Data-driven decision-making; understanding of key community metrics and a track record of improving them.
- Experience using and developing reports, metrics and dashboards with Salesforce.com / CRM systems and Community platforms.
- Experience working and building relationships with various cross-functional teams in a global organization such as product, engineering, marketing, analytics, PR etc.
- Collaborative and transparent work-style, with a strong attention to detail.
- High-energy, team-first attitude: Motivated to work hard in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment to help our growing business.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance for employees
- 401K program to help you invest in your future
- Education & learning stipend for personal growth and development
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life balance
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family
- Work from home stipend to help you succeed in a remote environment
Gong is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity is integral to our success, and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, or any other basis protected by law.