Glossier Inc. is building the future beauty company in collaboration with its customers.
Glossier is looking for a passionate, energetic and innovative Head of People, Retail Teams. This individual will be the lead for all People-related initiatives across our retail locations and will be responsible for designing our retail employee experience in advance of our retail reopening. This individual should be a seasoned people manager and mentor, with deep experience in retail environments. This individual will have a proven track record of hiring, retaining and managing diverse teams, with exceptional diversity, equity and inclusion experience. This individual will report to our Chief People Officer and will collaborate closely with our VP of Retail.
Six Month Expectations
- Hire, develop, coach and manage HR professionals to staff Glossier retail locations
- Establish Glossier retail personnel structure with clear levels, roles and responsibilities
- Establish performance management systems and processes for Glossier retail personnel
- Establish retail personnel policies, disciplinary procedures and escalation practices
- Collaborate on the development and implementation of onboarding and ongoing training programming for retail employee population, with a focus on equity and inclusion and cultural competency training, in collaboration with Glossier’s Equity & Inclusion Lead
- Work with our Chief People Officer and Director of People Operations to establish a total rewards philosophy and program for the Glossier retail employee population
- Work with our Director of Talent Acquisition and Retail Recruiter to build, develop and implement a unique-to-Glossier Talent Discovery & Hiring strategy for Glossier retail
- Establish philosophy around culture building across Glossier stores and relationship with corporate office
- Collaborate with the Legal team to ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations impacting retail populations.
Twelve+ Month Expectations
- Deliver exceptional and inclusive employee experience to Retail team members who can, in turn, deliver exceptional and inclusive customer experiences
- Work with the Glossier People Team to develop programming aimed at providing retail employees with exposure to the Glossier corporate office (e.g., mentorship programs, shadowing programs, etc.)
- Provide ongoing training and coaching to Retail managers, in partnership with retail HR professionals and broader People team
- Ensure that all processes and programs are poised to scale across numerous retail locations
- Act as escalation point for store HR professionals
- Oversee the management and administration of all retail employee policies and benefits
- Drive company culture through activities and programs across retail locations
- Work with key stakeholders to understand the history of retail at Glossier and key improvements to be made to the retail employee experience
- Work with key stakeholders to redesign the retail employee experience in advance of our retail reopenings
- Build out processes and programs that will scale as Glossier enters its new phase of retail growth
- Hire, lead and inspire a strong team of HR professionals
- Build effective working relationships with functional leaders within the organization and be recognized as a trusted advisor in all retail employee matters
- Lead with data, analytics and insights to drive operational improvements and ultimately operational excellence
- Minimum of 10 years of experience leading a people operations or HR function at a retail, hospitality or customer service organization
- Experience working with hourly populations
- Experience building and leading a diverse, high-performing team
- Experience building relationships with internal partners at senior levels
- Experience with organizational design, training, and development
- Experience with taking a high-growth organization through scale
- Passion about putting people and culture at the center of the company’s strategy
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment
- Superb communication and coaching skills
- Ability to travel to Glossier’s retail locations in preparation for and post launch
- Bachelor's degree
- Previous experience implementing People programs and processes in a start-up environment a plus
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.