Noom is the behavior change company that's disrupting the wellness industry.
Noom is looking for an exceptionally talented senior commercial counsel to join our budding legal team. You’ll own commercial contracts across our business—including our acquisition, life sciences, international, marketing, and growth teams—and will be responsible for establishing organization-wide contracting processes. You’ll also support Noom’s teams with their commercial and compliance needs, giving advice and making sure that Noom is complying with applicable privacy and regulatory regimes. You’ll work directly with our GC, as well as with leaders from across the company.
This is a special opportunity at a special company — we’re doing exciting things, and we’re just getting started! Noom is quirky, fast-paced, and positive; we care about our employees and our users, and we put our all into our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. We are always looking for people who are smart, curious, humble, and collaborative as we grow. If this sounds like you, reach out!
What you’ll be doing:
- Reviewing, drafting, and negotiating commercial technology transactions, license agreements, and collaboration agreements across Noom’s teams (including life sciences, finance, creative, marketing, and growth)
- Establishing organization-wide processes for contract flow, including setup and management of a CMS
- Working with business partners to create templates and guidelines to allow teams to independently address common commercial needs
- Partnering with product, growth, international, and creative teams to identify and evaluate business and legal risks, and find creative ways to mitigate them while achieving business goals and pursuing opportunities to scale
- Ensuring ongoing compliance with privacy and advertising regulations
- Staying up to date on product and growth experiments and developments, regularly meet with teams to maintain alignment
- Supporting international and ops teams on international expansions
- Training and educating the Company’s business teams on legal issues relating to its commercial relationships and agreements, including playbooks and FAQs
- Developing strategies to scale legal support as business grows
- 5-7 years of relevant technology transactional experience
- At least 2 years of in-house experience at a fast-paced technology company
- Demonstrated experience partnering with and providing timely support to in-house business clients
- JD from accredited U.S. law school; licensed in good standing with a state bar
- Experience developing creative solutions to navigate complex legal issues to both protect the company and drive Noom’s business forward
- Has the ability to prioritize and manage multiple matters simultaneously in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, rapidly scaling environment
- Creative thinker who is comfortable with change and ambiguity, and is able to bring a first principles approach to building scalable processes
- Able to manage stakeholder requests and expectations, and balance the requirements of internal teams, compliance needs, and external stakeholders
- Able to communicate clearly and productively with non-legal stakeholders