Attentive®️ is a personalized text messaging platform for innovative brands.
Engineering Manager - Data Platform
United States of America
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $230 million investment led by Coatue in September 2020, just 5 months after its Series C round due to strong customer traction. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 2,000+ of the most innovative brands like Sephora, Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, PacSun, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
Data Engineering at Attentive is responsible for data ingestion and curation across our growing suite of products to be used in client reports, client analytics, targeting, and machine learning. As both data volume and data use cases are growing exponentially, our charter is to scale our data systems and platforms accordingly.
We’re seeking an experienced Engineering Manager to build and lead a team of Software Engineers tasked with establishing and maturing our data platform and tooling. By creating a scalable platform for event data, your team will help other groups at Attentive to facilitate data lineage, data catalog, data discovery, and share data without a database monolith. This is a hands-on role where you are expected to balance people management, cross-functional leadership, and coding. You should be comfortable letting your team takes true ownership of projects while keeping enough of an eye on things to make sure the train stays on the tracks.
You @ Attentive:
- You will be an effective people manager who also has the capability to contribute as a highly-technical hands-on data engineer when the need arises.
- You have experience building scalable and fault-tolerant data platform.
- You will hold your own in technical and business discussions with the product team and the rest of the engineering organization.
- You can understand the business of your customers, identify problems or opportunities then address them using technology.
- Partner with Product Management and Engineering to translate customer needs into a better overall product.
- You will write simple, yet elegant, readable, and well-documented code.
- You can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem-solving and building products.
- You have built and shipped complex software products
- You have managed a high-performance team
Product Development @ Attentive:
- Our data backend is Java and Python micro-services coupled with Spark, Kinesis, AirFlow, Snowflake, and Postgres, all hosted on AWS.
- Our frontend is built on current best practices leveraging Babel, Webpack, React, and Redux.
- Our team is 200+ engineers, product managers, and designers from top tech companies including Google, Microsoft, Twitter, Moat, Oscar, and AppNexus.
- We believe our company will win in the long run through product innovation.
- To get there, we obsess over iteratively delivering customer value through rapid prototyping and data-driven decision making.
Benefits & Perks:
- Robust benefits package including access to a 401k and various medical, dental, and vision plans, as well as a $100/month in fitness and wellness reimbursement
- Free delivered lunch and other goodies sent home
- Full support for remote working during covid
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.