Attentive is a personalized mobile messaging platform for innovative brands.
Director, Technical Account Management West
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $230 million investment led by Coatue in September 2020, just 5 months after its Series C round due to strong customer traction. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 2,000+ of the most innovative brands like Sephora, Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, PacSun, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
About the role
We’re looking for naturally curious, creative people that can think on their feet and enthusiastically tackle problems head on. As an Attentive Director of Technical Account Management (TAM) you will lead a team that works with our customers to “make the magic happen” with Attentive’s suite of products. You will serve as a key link between Client Strategy and Solutions Engineering (SE) as a technical resource for clients, communicating how our technology can be employed to reach their goals and grow their business. A TAM Director can communicate well with any audience from developers to executives, manage client expectations and ensure Attentive receives everything it needs from clients in order to execute.
- Manage a team of Technical Account Managers, with the aim of providing white glove service to both top tier and mid market clients
- Serve as a resource for the TAM team, providing hands-on guidance and mentorship in a player/coach role
- Implement new processes, documentation, and operations vital to scaling the team
- Provide general technical expertise about the entire digital ad ecosystem
- Perform technical presentations to clients
- Translate client requests into business and functional requirements
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2+ years prior experience managing teams
- Strong mentorship skills to shape TAMs into technical experts
- A keen understanding of when to step in and provide next-level support
- Strong client-facing communication skills; ability to explain technical capabilities to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Affinity for problem solving and crafting creative, reusable solutions
- Insightful, innovative and adapts well to a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- HTML/CSS experience required
- Experience with 3rd party data providers both from targeting and analytics standpoint
- Understanding of client CRM data and PII issues
- Strong decision-making and critical thinking skills
- Exceptional organization and prioritization skills
Benefits & Perks
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Full support for remote work during COVID-19
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.