Aurora delivers the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly.
Pittsburgh, PA, US
Bringing self-driving vehicles to our roads is the most transformative opportunity of our generation. Aurora is taking a fresh start with the development of self-driving technology, combining excellence in AI, rigorous engineering, and a team with decades of experience building robots that work.
Led by a team of seasoned experts, our mission is to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. We are designing the software and hardware to power the transportation of our future that will make our roads safer, give more people access to mobility, and reduce congestion and pollution in cities - improving the quality of life for all. The challenge in what we are endeavoring to achieve is transcendent; we are developing perhaps the world's most complex computing system and asking it to perform the task of transporting and keeping safe our most precious asset: human life.
Aurora hires people who are excited to build the future of transportation. The ideal candidate will author meaningful content that aligns with our brand strategy. Working with internal and external partners, you will manage all aspects of executing campaigns, developing content, and project management, ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Lead cross-functional teams to concept and execute integrated marketing campaigns
- Work with our internal creative team and external creative partners to manage creative resourcing and development and keep projects on track
- Unlock challenges to creative or internal processes by removing barriers and offering innovative solutions
- Build strong relationships with marcomm leaders and product category stakeholders
- Manage all aspects of executing campaigns across multiple channels in partnership with channel owners
- Apply strategic rigor to our briefing process and evangelize our brand in supporting tactics and work that aligns with our brand strategy
- Excel at project management to ensure projects move forward on time, within budget, and with minimal friction from all stages from pre to post-launch
- Drive clarity and alignment with stakeholders to make timely decisions with team members on responsibilities and priorities
- 7+ years relevant work experience marketing and communications, creative program management, or agency account management with proven ability to manage large-scale marketing campaigns.
- Background working with traditional and digital media
- Experience operating within complex organizations with many stakeholders
- Excellent project management skills and strong attention to detail with the capability to work on multiple campaigns/priorities simultaneously
- Outstanding communication and ability to problem-solve with minimal guidance in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, and team-oriented environment
- Understanding of KPIs and campaign performance metrics across marketing channel
- Experience with a CMS and program management tool strongly desired
- Experience working with an in-house creative team a plus
Working at Aurora
Our work has real purpose. Delivering the benefits of self-driving will save lives around the world, expand access to transportation, revitalize cities, and give people time back every day.
We’re one team. We’re inspired by the challenge of what we’re solving and the impact our work will have on society. Our camaraderie is built on respect for our work and the fundamental belief our success will be a result of working together.
The Founding Team
Aurora has assembled the most experienced leadership team in the space. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Autopilot system. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. At Aurora, these three continue to bring experts from all areas of the industry to the team. We are funded by Amazon, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock and Index Ventures.