Noom is the behavior change company that's disrupting the wellness industry.
Noom is looking for a service-first, detail-oriented and thoughtful Benefits Manager to join our People team to work directly with the Payroll & Benefits team, Finance and other teams (we have many!). You will play an essential role in supporting the growing and evolving administrative and operational needs of a large, unique, and primarily virtual department while also having hands-on exposure to our long term strategic plans for benefits. You will be the first point of contact for all things benefits related, and friendly face to Noom employees.
What You’ll be doing
- Support and improve the benefit administrative process for our expanding population using all tools and vendor contacts
- Support all Noom employees on their needs and questions so that they can focus on their work (e.g. making sure employee status is up to date and correct, etc.)
- Act as the first in line responder to all benefit related issues raised within the people service desks and partnering with others as needed for escalation
- Accurately advise employee on their inquiries in accordance with current Company policies
- Ensure accurate entry of employee benefit elections, deductions and withholding for 401(k)
- Support the Benefit lead in planning for renewals/markets and executing open enrollment events.
- Ensuring compliance with company policies, relevant industry regulations, tax, and deduction laws.
- Support the larger People teams on various projects and tasks
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Expert knowledge of benefits and benefit trends
- Strong knowledge of laws and regulations
- Strong interpersonal skills - you have the ability to remain warm and friendly while establishing or reinforcing policy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - able to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences
- Action oriented and a team player - ready to jump in and help wherever needed and to wear many hats at once!
- Ability to quickly assess risk and manage well with ambiguity
- This position will be remote friendly for now; when it's safe, we hope to have the role sit in our NYC office
- Experience in a people-centric role: account management, customer service, hospitality, etc.
- Experience in a startup or world-class tech company
- Experience working with brokers or third party vendors
- Experience implementing new programs and agencies
- Experience with Workday
What Makes This Job Amazing:
- Helping millions of people lead healthier lives every day
- Being part of Noom's rocketship (with revenue exploding 20x in the last 2 years, and team growing, there are great opportunities for advancement)
- Wonderful benefits (wellness budget, free meals in the office)
- Huge learning & professional growth opportunity (professional growth is a must at Noom, we reimburse all books, send you to lots of courses, etc.)
- Being part of a transparent, high-performance, yet still close-knit culture
This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary, equity, and benefits. We guarantee you will learn a tremendous amount in a short time. For those who value and excel in transparent, high-intensity, and high-impact environments, there is significant opportunity for advancement.