Aurora delivers the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly.
Bringing self-driving vehicles to our roads is the most transformative opportunity of our generation. Aurora is taking a fresh start with the development of self-driving technology, combining excellence in AI, rigorous engineering, and a team with decades of experience building robots that work.
Led by a team of seasoned experts, our mission is to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. We are designing the software and hardware to power the transportation of our future that will make our roads safer, give more people access to mobility, and reduce congestion and pollution in cities - improving the quality of life for all. The challenge in what we are endeavoring to achieve is transcendent; we are developing perhaps the world's most complex computing system and asking it to perform the task of transporting and keeping safe our most precious asset: human life.
We are looking for a Payroll Analyst to join the Finance & Accounting team. You will bring a great work ethic, positive energy and a desire to build your career in accounting and operations. We are building a high-performing team, focused on providing value to our customers, accurate financial reporting, and quickly delivering results with a strong sense of urgency and accountability. This position reports to the Payroll Manager.
- Manage bi-weekly payroll process. Enter new employees into payroll software. Terminate inactive employees. Calculate manual check for items such as terminating employees, relocation bonus payments, and stock purchases. Update employee records with transactions such as title changes, office transfers, manager changes, and salary increases. Place employees on Leave of Absence and pay allocated salary while on leave. Calculate benefit override amounts for new hires. Update bi-weekly payroll spreadsheet. Review timecards for hourly employees; work with managers and employees to correct errors and omissions
- Maintain Referral and Relocation Bonus spreadsheets
- Work with Human Resources and Legal Depts on employee immigration tax set up and correcting visa taxation issues
- Download and review pre and post-payroll tax reports
- Download and review quarterly and annual tax filings, including W2s
- Process amended tax returns when necessary
- Work with Human Resources on projects as necessary (annual benefits open enrollment, setting up new pre-tax deductions, etc)
- Create month-end compensation accrual files and upload to accounting ERP
- Create post-process overtime reports for hourly employees
- Review and correct bi-weekly GL files; upload to accounting ERP
- Review and research tax penalty notices; work with payroll tax provider to resolve
- Keep accurate documentation of all employee payroll changes and corrections
- Provide accounting team with payroll reports as needed
- Answer employee payroll questions; resolve payroll issues
- Assist in registration process for new state and/or local tax IDs when necessary
- BA or BS in Accounting or a related field with 3+ years of experience
- Workday Payroll paired with ADP a requirement
- Systems implementation experience is a plus
- Experience using Netsuite and Carta are a plus
- Strong and broad understanding of payroll processes and tax laws
- Demonstrated organizational skills and excellent oral/written communication skills
- Strong customer service, team building and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and result oriented
Working at Aurora
- Your work has real purpose and will improve lives all around the world. Our technology will increase roadway safety, expand access to transportation, revitalize our cities, and create a new platform for people to enjoy next generation experiences in transportation
- We're a growing team of incredibly smart and very fun people you'll likely enjoy being around
More about Aurora
Aurora has assembled one of the most experienced leadership teams in the space to go build the next leading self-driving vehicle company - including leaders from Google / Waymo, Tesla, Uber ATG, Apple, and several others to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology quickly and safely around the world. We are partnered with some of the largest automakers on the planet and funded by some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Greylock, Index Ventures and Sequoia Capital.