Bird is a shared electric scooter company.
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 150 cities around the world. And we're just getting started.
The Operations Associate demands great technical depth, a stubborn refusal to settle, and a mentality of starting with the user and working backward. The ideal candidate is highly operational, highly entrepreneurial, and is obsessed with empowering our users. They are motivated by building the future, can dig deep into the data to solve operational issues, are always driving small improvements in process, and love making something from nothing.
- Manage and optimize the overall efficiency of operations
- Analyze data to help inform strategic decisions for your market
- Build structure and scalable process enabling the DACH market to scale quickly
- Monitor business performance across relevant KPIs and conduct deep-dive investigations to understand the “why” behind how metrics are performing
- Perform ad hoc strategy, research, modeling, and analytics projects to help guide decision making in a brand new and constantly evolving industry
- Have the ability to execute projects of varying urgency and scope with high degree of autonomy
- Bachelor's degree from a competitive university
- 2+ years of experience in consulting / investment banking / business intelligence / strategy / high-growth operations or startup experience
- Strong communication, organization and stakeholder management skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking ability
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Growth mindset: you seek out learning opportunities for yourself
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint, SQL skills
- Fluent in German and English
- Experience in similar operational teams
- Startup experience
- Zendesk familiarity (rules, triggers, automations, etc) a plus
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We’re committed to helping our team members, and with the evolution of our company to a remote work organization due to the pandemic, their needs have changed. That’s why we offer a WFH monthly stipend, a wellness allowance, and more. Plus, a new resource to help support personal and professional developments—all the goods needed to move on our mission together.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.