Bird is a shared electric scooter company.
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 150 cities around the world. And we're just getting started.
- Manage and monitor the handling of global escalated support tickets and prioritize responses
- Serve as the primary POC for external stakeholders such as police, municipalities, non-Bird insurance companies, and potential claimants, among others.
- Draft written and verbal follow-up for unique events and safety-related issues
- Conduct investigation into all accessible information (via Bird’s internal systems and outside research) to gather relevant facts to help resolve safety issues and determine appropriate courses of action in conjunction with stakeholders.
- Identify and build relationships with internal departments (legal, finance, government partnerships, data, product) and facilitate collaborative efforts where appropriate.
- Create and revise standard operating procedures and monitor performance, adapt where necessary.
- Recommend solutions for resolving unique incidents
- Manage and action on potential and actual insurance claims
- Manage response performance (procedures, timing, and substance) of T&S associates and external contractors
- Manage safety data and compile reporting for internal analysis and cities
- Identify incident/component/location data trends and make recommendations to reduce future incidents.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years work experience
- 2+ years of experience in trust & safety or claims related role
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Empathy/sympathy trained
- Elevated/crisis customer support experience
- Strong analytical and critical thinking ability
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast paced environment
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work cross-functionally / collaboratively
- Decisive and good judgement when dealing with sensitive issues
- Investigative skills
- Ability to own projects from start to finish, be persistent, set goals and deadlines, and achieve set objectives
- Problem solving skills; ability to identify issues and organizational aspects that require improvement and ability to drive change
- Project management skills - knowledge of Excel and Zendesk a must
- SQL and Tableau a bonus
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.