Noom is the behavior change company that's disrupting the wellness industry.
Noom is looking for a digital-first Art Director/Graphic Designer to support the Creative and Growth Marketing Teams in bringing the brand to life across the spectrum of digital platforms. Ideal candidate is familiar with iterative design practices and thrives in a fast-paced startup environment. Read on if you think you've got the stuff.
Noom Inc., a leader in mobile health coaching, combines the power of technology with the empathy of real human coaches to deliver successful behavior change at scale. Our mobile applications cover chronic/pre-chronic disease (diabetes, hypertension, and obesity to name a few), reaching more than half a million users worldwide, and transforming millions of lives. The Creative and Growth Marketing Teams are at the forefront of this mission, tackling one of the hardest challenges in healthcare today: getting people to take that initial (and biggest!) step towards living a healthier lifestyle… And this is where you come in!
You will play an important role in driving conversion for the Noom brand. Working collaboratively with the Creative Team and with support from analysts, engineers, growth leaders, and our co-founders (we’re still a startup!) you will create ads that will directly and positively impact the growth of our digital product. Through on-brand art direction, typography, video editing, animation and illustration you will tell our story across all consumer-facing touchpoints, with an emphasis on thumb-stoppable video ads.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Work directly with our Creative Director and internal creative team to create compelling visual experiences optimized for user conversion, sign up, and retention
- Lead and collaborate with other team members to digitally deliver company brand objectives.
- Bring innovative digital ideas to life with superior creativity and a commercial awareness
- Concept and execute high quality, high performing creative for all social channels, product landing pages, emails and more
- Collaborate with external resources to build an inventory of ownable Noom assets consistent with our brand ID
- Translate highly technical concepts into beautiful interactive design, illustrations, and infographics, maintaining visual excellence across all user touchpoints
- Develop tools, templates, processes and style guides to ensure brand consistency while championing design within our organization
What We're Looking For:
- 3+ years experience in consumer-focused design, either in-house or at an agency; startup experience a big plus!
- Someone with a proven track record in Direct Response creative that delivers solid financial performance while maintaining and elevating the brand ID
- Someone who is able to pore over numerous performance analytics, and take those learnings to hypothesize and iterate on creative to further increase performance
- Proven talent for creating fresh, high-quality designs with an exceptional portfolio (personal website, Dribbble, or Behance) showing well-rounded design experience across all digital channels
- An Idea machine! We are a growing creative department that tests creative at a tremendous rate.
- Awareness of design developments and trends in the digital space and a desire to take risks and experiment with new and unique ways a brand shows up in the world
- Someone who is self-motivated and able to juggle multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills and an encouraging, team-focused attitude
- Experience using Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
- Solid experience w/ After Effects - video editing and type treatment
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- An excellent sense of art direction and typography
- Bonus Points: photography and illustration
What Makes This Job Amazing:
- Day in and day out, you’ll be focused on a purpose driven mission of helping people lead healthier lives alongside a team of highly committed founders and co-workers
- Be one of the first hires on a growing team with high stakeholder visibility and runway to pioneer programs that positively impact the business
- Being part of Noom's rocketship (with revenue exploding 6x year-over-year, and team growing, there are great opportunities for advancement)
- Wonderful benefits (wellness budget, tech budget, free meals in the office, and more)
- Huge learning & professional growth opportunity (professional growth is a must at Noom, we reimburse all books, send you to lots of courses, etc.)
- Being part of a transparent, high-performance, yet still family driven culture