Noom is the behavior change company that's disrupting the wellness industry.
Noom is looking for a digital-first Social Copywriter to support the Creative and Growth Marketing Teams in bringing the brand to life across the spectrum of digital platforms, and emphasizing our organic social content. Ideal candidate is familiar with iterative copywriting practices and thrives in a fast-paced startup environment. Read on if you think you've got the stuff.
Noom Inc., a leader in mobile health coaching, combines the power of technology with the empathy of real human coaches to deliver successful behavior change at scale. Our mobile applications cover chronic/pre-chronic disease (diabetes, hypertension, and obesity to name a few), reaching more than half a million users worldwide, and transforming millions of lives. The Creative and Growth Marketing Teams are at the forefront of this mission, tackling one of the hardest challenges in healthcare today: getting people to take that initial (and biggest!) step towards living a healthier lifestyle… And this is where you come in!
You will play an important role in driving conversion for the Noom brand. Working collaboratively with the Creative Team and with support from analysts, engineers, growth leaders, and our co-founders (we’re still a startup!) you will create ads that will directly and positively impact the growth of our digital product. Through on-brand copy direction, iteration, and a strong collaborative partnership with art direction/ design, you will tell our story across all consumer-facing touchpoints, with an emphasis on thumb-stoppable video ads.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Work directly with our Creative Director and internal creative team to create compelling visual experiences optimized for user conversion, sign-up, and retention
- Lead and collaborate with other team members to digitally deliver company brand objectives.
- Bring innovative digital ideas to life with superior creativity and a commercial awareness
- Concept and iterate copy for ongoing execution of high-quality, high-performing creative for all social channels, and extending into product landing pages, emails and more
- Distill technical/ scientific/ complex topics seamlessly into an on-brand tone of voice, and modulate that tone of voice in accordance with the audience’s position
- Develop tools, templates, processes and style guides to ensure brand consistency and champion on-brand tone of voice throughout our organization
What We’re Looking For:
- Solid experience in consumer-focused copywriting/ content creation, either in-house or at an agency; startup and/ or health/ wellness direct-to-consumer experience a big plus!
- Undergraduate degree preferably in English, Journalism, or a related field.
- High EQ, strong and confident communication skills, and a genuine commitment to driving success for the collective on multiple levels: Noom Creative, Noom, and most importantly for the Noom user
- Someone with a strong appreciation for words, culture, and being a part of the ongoing exchange of influence between the two
- Solid foundation in paid and organic social media best practices, and a knack for speaking to a diverse audience in an inclusive way
- Proven track record in Direct Response creative that delivers solid financial performance while maintaining and elevating the brand ID
- Someone who is able to pore over numerous performance analytics, and take those learnings to hypothesize and iterate on creative to further increase performance
- Proven talent for creating fresh, high-quality copy, with an exceptional portfolio demonstrating well-rounded experience across all digital channels
- An ideas machine! We are a growing creative department that tests creative at a tremendous rate, so the ideal candidate will thrive in an environment where rapid iteration comes naturally
- Awareness of copywriting/ tone of voice trends in the digital space and a desire to experiment with new and unique ways for a brand to show up in the world
- Someone who is self-motivated and able to juggle multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
What Makes This Job Amazing:
- Day in and day out, you’ll be focused on a purpose driven mission of helping people lead healthier lives alongside a team of highly committed founders and co-workers
- Be one of the first hires on a growing team with high stakeholder visibility and runway to pioneer programs that positively impact the business
- Being part of Noom's rocketship (with revenue exploding 6x year-over-year, and team growing, there are great opportunities for advancement)
- Wonderful benefits (wellness budget, tech budget, free meals in the office, and more)
- Huge learning & professional growth opportunity (professional growth is a must at Noom, we reimburse all books, send you to lots of courses, etc.)
- Being part of a transparent, high-performance, yet still family driven culture