Analyzes aerial imagery to find actionable information.
People Operations Generalist
Palo Alto, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Orbital Insight’s mission is to understand what we’re doing on, and to, Earth. We do this through our cloud-based SaaS platform, Orbital Insight GO, pulling in multiple sources of raw data from the world’s sensors – including millions of daily satellite images and connected device pings – combined with proprietary AI to analyze economic, social, and environmental trends at scale. Our customers range from hedge funds to Fortune 500 companies to government agencies to humanitarian organizations, each benefitting from insights we provide at a depth and scale previously unimaginable.
We are actively looking for a passionate and detail-oriented People Operations Specialist to join our People Operations team. This is a great opportunity to get extensive exposure across People Operations. You will own various people operations’ processes and continually identify opportunities to improve operational excellence. You will create amazing experiences for our employees while ensuring that operations are running smoothly behind the scenes. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who finds joy in data, gets excited about providing warm employee experience, looks for ownership and growth in people operations, and wants to be part of a great mission.
Orbital Insight is a fast growing provider of geospatial data and geo-analytic services to commercial, nonprofit and public sector clients across the globe. Leveraging advancements in computer vision and cloud computing, Orbital Insight is turning millions of images into a big picture understanding of the world that is quantitatively grounded in observation, creating unprecedented transparency, and empowering global decision makers with new sources of objective, quantified socio-economic insights.
We are backed by marquee investors such as Google Ventures, Sequoia Capital, In-Q- Tel and Bloomberg Beta, Orbital Insight is rapidly expanding its commercial and public sector capabilities. Come join us if you are unafraid to try new approaches and relentlessly seek to push the state of the art, taking projects all the way from prototype to production-ready.
- Own and execute full-cycle processing of US payroll on a bi-weekly basis and international payroll on a monthly basis.
- Manage life-cycle of employee data and information and day-to-day HR processes including: onboarding, employee record updates, benefits administration, terminations.
- Organize and maintain sensitive employee records accurately for each HR system, and provide ad hoc customized reports, or people analytics.
- Effectively partner with employees and managers to deliver first-class People support.
- Ensure a smooth immigration process for employees.
- Facilitate recruitment operations to provide a great candidate experience.
- Assist and own HR related projects and events to promote employee engagement, diversity and inclusion, or learning and development.
- Enjoy working across functions for people related tasks depending on team needs.
- Bachelor degree in, human resources, business administration, or related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in managing payroll/benefits administration
- Capability and confidence to own HR processes
- Customer service skills and willingness to provide outstanding people support
- Enjoy working in open, transparent and collaborative environment
- Discretion and good judgment necessary to work with sensitive data
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Paylocity/Carta/CultureAmp experience is a big plus