Aurora delivers the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly.
Bringing self-driving vehicles to our roads is the most transformative opportunity of our generation. Aurora is taking a fresh start with the development of self-driving technology, combining excellence in AI, rigorous engineering, and a team with decades of experience building robots that work.
Led by a team of seasoned experts, our mission is to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. We are designing the software and hardware to power the transportation of our future that will make our roads safer, give more people access to mobility, and reduce congestion and pollution in cities - improving the quality of life for all. The challenge in what we are endeavoring to achieve is transcendent; we are developing perhaps the world's most complex computing system and asking it to perform the task of transporting and keeping safe our most precious asset: human life.
We’re looking for people who are as excited as we are to solve these complex problems and make this tremendous impact on our future, and who want to be surrounded by great people while we do it. We are searching for multiple Executive Assistants to partner with various executives including our VP of People, VP of Marketing, VP of Communications, and other leaders throughout our org. We have opportunities in both Mountain View, CA and Pittsburgh, PA.
- Manage active and complex business calendars.
- Act as partner, facilitator, and liaison for the leaders’ team(s).
- Act as a liaison between departments or agencies inside and outside of the business.
Help orchestrate and/or lead special projects.
- Plan and coordinate team all-hands meetings, external partner meetings with senior executives, internal events, team off-sites, and all logistical and budget requirements.
- Review and summarize miscellaneous reports and documents; prepare background documents and communications as necessary.
- Learn and proactively prioritize commitments from internal meetings to external events.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, following through on issues quickly and thoroughly.
- Arrange travel schedules and handle expenses for executives.
- Exceptional judgment and active foresight.
- Able to work collaboratively and calmly, especially in stressful circumstances.
- Able to adapt in a fairly dynamic business environment.
- Creative problem solver and self-starter.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Highly adaptable to competing demands.
- Good decorum, discretion, and executive presence in dealing with internal teams and external partners.
- Expert level written and communication skills.
- Highly resourceful team-player with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Demonstrates ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Executive level project coordination.
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meetings.
- Quick learner with proficiency in a broad array of online tools, including spreadsheets and slide presentations.
- Flexibility to perform job duties outside of normal business hours.
- Light travel may be required.
Working at Aurora
Our work has real purpose. Delivering the benefits of self-driving will save lives around the world, expand access to transportation, revitalize cities, and give people time back every day.
We’re one team. We’re inspired by the challenge of what we’re solving and the impact our work will have on society. Our camaraderie is built on respect for our work and the fundamental belief our success will be a result of working together.
The Founding Team
Aurora has assembled the most experienced leadership team in the space. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson developed MIT'S Intelligent CoPilot, then led the team that delivered Tesla Autopilot. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. At Aurora, these three continue to bring experts from all areas of the industry to the team. We are funded by Amazon, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock and Index Ventures.