Gong.io enables revenue teams to realize their fullest potential by unveiling customer reality.
Director, Strategic Finance (FP&A)
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Gong enables revenue teams to realize their fullest potential by unveiling their customer reality. The patented Gong Revenue Intelligence Platform™ captures and understands every customer interaction, then delivers insights at scale, empowering revenue teams to make decisions based on data instead of opinions. Over 1,500 innovative companies like Zillow, Slack, PayPal, Twilio, Shopify, Hubspot, SproutSocial, Zoominfo, Outreach, MuleSoft, and LinkedIn trust Gong to power their customer reality. With Gong, customers experience improved win rates, increased deal sizes, and accelerated employee ramp-times.
As the Director for Strategic Finance, you will lead cross-functional, strategic planning and deliver value-added business analyses for various teams including Sales, Marketing, and G&A. Gong continues to experience tremendous growth, and you will play a key role in influencing key go-to-market strategies that continue to accelerate that growth. You will collaborate with various stakeholders to build robust analyses on Recurring Revenue, Product ASPs, Expense and Margin drivers that helps Gong achieve long-term growth at scale. You will be expected to define and report on insightful financial metrics that enable executives to make data driven business decisions.
- Take a leadership role in the coordination of the various planning and forecasting cycles (annual planning, quarterly/monthly/weekly outlooks and long-range plans)
- Strategically manage conversations with key stakeholders utilizing ongoing financial analyses on churn and customer retention to influence forecast changes
- Lead forecasting and budgeting conversations with department heads
- Be an influencer and thought leader in strategic and operational decision-making, leveraging partnering skills and data decision support frameworks.
- Partner with the Accounting Team to support the month-end close process
- Establish and maintain key metrics to help provide insights to business performance including CAC, sales productivity, pipeline velocity, etc.
- Build complex financial models and analyses, including competitive analysis, gross margin analysis, pro forma models, scenario-based models with sensitivities, etc.
- Provide financial expertise to help support headcount planning, budgeting, forecasting, and long-term planning
- Develop and implement efficient financial processes that support our rapidly growing business
- Prepare and analyze management presentations, including monthly reporting, BOD, QBR, and Finance Review
- 10+ years of experience in FP&A, investment banking, equity research, strategy consulting, or strategic finance, preferably at either a high-tech or enterprise software company
- Deep experience with various financial applications, including ERP, CRM, and financial planning applications (Salesforce, Netsuite, Excel, etc.)
- Familiarity with Enterprise Software (SaaS preferred) metrics, having experience calculating and comparing churn, dollar retention rates, cohort growth rates, lifetime value, customer acquisition cost, etc.
- Experience working in a startup environment, with an ability to balance strategic initiatives and operational execution
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related discipline
PERKS & BENEFITS
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance for employees
- 401K program to help you invest in your future
- Education & learning stipend for personal growth and development
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life balance
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family
- Work from home stipend to help you succeed in a remote environment