Enables developers to build, ship, and run applications anywhere.
United States of America
Are you looking for your chance to shape the product marketing of one of the most important tools for developers, and make your impact on the trajectory of a fast growing business? Docker is looking for a product marketing leader to shape how we tell our story and enable our developer community in this next chapter.
In this role, you will be creating the messaging, the strategy, and building the team that will tell the evolving Docker story to our community of developers. And this is not your average community--with over 11 million users, 7.3 million registered developers, and billions of images pulled per month, Docker sits at the center of the cloud native application development lifecycle. And with partners like AWS, Microsoft, JFrog and Snyk, Docker is focused on connecting our developers with the tools and platforms they use today and tomorrow. Developers rank Docker as the #1 “most wanted” platform, #2 “most loved” platform, and #3 “most broadly used” platform in the 2020 Stack Overflow Developer Survey.
The ideal candidate for this role has an innate understanding of the unique needs, challenges and aspirations of application developers. As a result, you have a record of successful marketing programs and innovations that have engaged and activated developers and delivered business results. You understand the unique mix of consumer and B2B marketing required to successfully reach developers, and you have built programs that address both of these perspectives. You live, breathe, eat, and sleep SaaS unit economics as a tool for measuring the effectiveness of your team. You dream of CLTV:CAC ratios > 3, payback periods < 12 months, and Magic Numbers > 1.0. You have built and managed high-performing marketing teams, and have a strong track record of partnering across engineering, product management and sales teams. You know how to tell stories that take the capabilities of a product or service and craft a narrative that resonates from the perspective of a developer.
- Build and manage a high performing product and alliance marketing team
- Create a high-velocity direct to developer motion for product marketing
- Develop a SaaS optimized framework for product led growth experimentation
- Partner closely with product, engineering and sales to help effectively plan, message, and sell the Docker platform to developers
- Create messaging strategies that clearly explain the Docker value
- Building out consumption-based pricing and packaging strategies and programs for developer tools and services
- Create outbound messaging and customer nurture content in partnership with growth marketing
- Manage GTM relationships with key Docker partners, including joint messaging, campaigns and developer relations activities
- Manage product launches for Docker
- Create and manage a customer evidence program
- Represent marketing in product roadmap and planning meetings
- Creating a culture of continuous creation and testing of marketing hypotheses and message testing
- Conduct research with developers to understand their problems and preferences and translate these into product messaging and value proposition
- 5+ years managing a product marketing team
- Experience successfully marketing directly to application developers in a product-led growth business
- An exceptional understanding of, and deep passion for, building, managing, measuring, and optimizing a SaaS based business.
- Exceptional ability to effectively partner with technical and sales leadership
- Knowledge of and experience developing consumption based pricing models for SaaS offerings
- Experience forming and managing partnerships, especially with cloud providers such as AWS and Microsoft Azure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to both executives and non-technical leaders
- Ability to attract, retain, and develop high-performing marketing teams
- Previous experience building applications as a developer
- MBA, MS or other advanced business or technical degree
- Understanding of Open Source Software
- Knowledge of the cloud-native application development ecosystem