Attentive is a personalized mobile messaging platform for innovative brands.
New York City, NY, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $230 million investment led by Coatue in September 2020, just 5 months after its Series C round due to strong customer traction. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 2,000+ of the most innovative brands like Sephora, Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, PacSun, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
Reporting to our Sr Director of Sales Engineering, we are looking for an experienced Project and Product Manager to join our team and play a critical role in delivering Attentive’s promise to our top tier clients. You will understand and assess/scope customer requirements alongside the Sales Eng team, work and direct the execution of these projects directly with engineers doing the development; with a focus on timelines and delivery of the initial scope. Managing deliverables and setting customer expectations allowing additions to some projects but being able to push back on others to prevent bloating of projects. Lastly serving as a customer facing product and project manager as the projects you scoped are made accessible to clients.
- Scoping technical projects and builds for Ad Hoc or Integration asks from customers and prospects
- Time management working with the Engineering resources to make sure that projects are delivered on time or keeping stakeholders proactively aware of any changes.
- Speak directly with clients to set expectations or adjust expectations as needed
- Hold firm with prospects where necessary to prevent the monopolization of technical resources on a single project or account
- Collaborate with internal product, sales engineering, client strategy, and technical account management to provide the best customer experience
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 3-5 years as a Product Manager, Sales Engineer, Solution Architect, or related field in the SaaS and/or enterprise software industry
- Able to clearly and concisely articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users (Proactively connecting the dots for our prospects)
- Thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment
- Energized by trying new things, and enjoy making an impact
Benefits & Perks
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Full support for remote work during COVID-19
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to your home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunitiesAn extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.