Bird is a shared electric scooter company.
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 150 cities around the world. And we're just getting started.
You will be an instrumental contributor as we build the finance team in a global, hyper growth environment. You will work closely with the operations team to develop financial forecasts and set operational and profitability targets in connection with corporate strategy. We are looking for someone who is comfortable performing at extremely high standards while also supporting a business that is scaling globally with high innovation and capital requirements.
- Produce and manage market-level P&Ls
- Provide information and financial analysis to assist senior management in developing its strategic planning and efficiently operating the company
- Proactively partner with cross-functional stakeholders to identify financial drivers & maintain the highest level of data quality
- Build sophisticated in-depth financial models from scratch
- Maintain financial reporting tools in conjunction with the data team
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or in a related discipline
- 1-2 years of experience in corporate finance (years may be substituted with investment banking, private equity or accounting experience)
- Exceptional financial modeling, forecasting, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to make quantitative and qualitative assessments of data
- Demonstrated ability to work within ambiguity, identify and solve complex problems
- Ability and excitement to partner with business leaders
- Ability to work independently, effectively handle multiple competing priorities and manage deadlines under pressure
- Entrepreneurial spirit and thrives in a fast paced, evolving environment
- SQL and data visualization experience a plus
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We’re committed to helping our team members, and with the evolution of our company to a remote work organization due to the pandemic, their needs have changed. That’s why we offer generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, a WFH monthly stipend, a wellness allowance, and more. Plus, a new resource to help support personal and professional developments—all the goods needed to move on our mission together.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.