productboard is the product management system that helps organizations get the right products to market, faster.
Productboard is looking to hire a newly-added growth position for a Sales Director focused on Upmarket customers/prospects. Productboard is a Series B company with established revenue, we are hitting a hyper growth phase and this position is mission critical to helping us go to the next level. We are looking for a software sales Director who will lead a team of Account Executives to generate net new business and ensure some of our largest and most strategic accounts in North America and EMEA. You enjoy being elbow to elbow on a deal with your reps, leading by example by entrenching yourself in the field, guiding their focus, and helping them solve hard problems. You will bring with you meaningful software industry experience in any of the following: Modern SaaS selling experience, bottoms up and top down selling, expert deal strategy, previous history moving upmarket, experience with freemium (trials) is a bonus.
Let’s make products that matter, together.
On a typical day, you will …
- Lead your team to successfully achieve and exceed quarterly and annual revenue quotas through proven leadership, strong business acumen, problem-solving and consultative selling skills.
- Establish and monitor KPIs that align to your team’s business plan around pipeline generation and delivering predictable revenue.
- Create a repeatable sales process that is focused on discovery, qualification solution mapping.
- Coordinate with other departments on technical, business and deployment issues
- Hire, train and motivate your sales team, including providing regular coaching and mentoring for personal development and professional advancement.
- Develop and refine tools for monitoring and providing regular reporting on success and performance improvement.
- Leverage Salesforce.com to track and report team all forecasts, sales activities, pipeline management to accurately forecast and grow sales.
- You bring a minimum of 10 years in sales, of which at least 2-3 years have been spent leading a sales team focused B2B upmarket SaaS products
- Experience leading “hunting” focused teams driving new logo acquisition and closing growth business
- Experience helping a team sell an enterprise platform with multiple products and navigating through multiple buyers across and organization
- Ability to interact and partner with all levels of management
- Proven leadership qualities, including selecting and developing staff, communicating a vision and inspiring teams
- Experience scaling sales teams and revenues within a SaaS environment
- Willingness to travel up to 30% after Covid 19 restrictions are lifted
- A bachelor's degree is required
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills
- Curiosity and an open mind
- Ego-free attitude — we are here for the success of the team and the company
- Empathy, transparency, and a good sense of humour
You can look forward to the following benefits:
💻MacBook Pro + 34″ monitor
📚Budget for online courses, books, and conferences
🏝4 weeks of vacation and sick days🍲Free snacks, drinks, and catered lunches every day
🍹Team events such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats
⏱Flexible working hours and home office
productboard is the product management system that helps organizations get the right products to market, faster. Designed using the Product Excellence Methodology, productboard aligns everyone on the right features to build next.
Over 2,500 modern, product-led companies, including Microsoft, Zendesk, and UiPath, use productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around their roadmap.
With offices in San Francisco and Prague, we are backed by leading venture capitalists including Sequoia Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins, Index Ventures, and Credo Ventures.
About our culture
At productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where people feel empowered, supported, and included. Where trust and transparency are built into the way we work. And where creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day.
You can read more about our culture and company values here, get to know your future colleagues by listening to our people of productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile for more info about life at productboard.