productboard is the product management system that helps organizations get the right products to market, faster.
Come join Productboard and help more companies make products that matter. Companies of all sizes, from early-stage startups to established companies (like Microsoft, Zendesk, UiPath, metromile, and 1-800 Contacts), trust Productboard to help them understand what customers need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around the roadmap. To help us with this mission, we’re looking for a talented product manager to join our fast-growing Growth team.
As a Product Manager on Growth you'll be responsible for leveraging product-led growth (PLG) principles to create product experiences that help our customers understand the value of Productboard, create habits of product excellence, and successfully grow Productboard adoption within their organizations. Some of the initiatives you will shape may include:
- Help users understand the interconnected workflow across Productboard, our core differentiator, and teach them habits that will turn our customers into product excellence champions
- Deploy seamless first-time experiences across various customer types and use cases in order to to drive activation and conversion
- Employ product-led acquisition and expansion motions by leveraging our existing userbase to ultimately turn our funnel into a flywheel
You will drive these initiatives in partnership with cross-functional growth teams and work with design, engineering, marketing, sales and customer success to execute on PLG strategies across key areas of the customer activation journey. Furthermore, you will expertly balance quick iterations, testing, and learning with larger bets in order to drive high-velocity business growth.
While the role is based out of SF Bay Area, USA or Vancouver, CA, you can work remotely within the Pacific time zone until COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
On a typical day, you will ...
- Lead a product development team, working closely with designers and engineers to realize solutions that are remarkably easy to use while solving complex problems
- Talk to users on a weekly basis, learning about their needs and pain points
- Own the discovery and delivery of your product initiatives
- Stay up-to-date on PLG best practices and methods
- Drive product delivery with agility, well-written documentation, and clear communications
- Identify the most impactful opportunities for improvement, prioritize product initiatives, and define success
- Collaborate on data-informed experiments to validate your team's hypotheses
- Marry quantitative and qualitative insights to glean important product insights from the market, customers, and competitors
- Identify and reduce friction points in each step of the experience resulting in increasing speed of conversions, conversion rates, and product-sourced land & expand revenue
- 2+ years of experience in product management
- Team spirit and great communication skills; you know how to align both with your product development team and broader stakeholders
- Experience developing and evaluating product metrics and goals
- Experience shipping user-facing features or products
- Familiar with data analytics and measurement infrastructure than enable rapid experimentation (e.g. A/B testing)
- Deep knowledge and command of product usage, user metrics, and analytics
- Ability to understand how to simplify customer journeys and product flows with a human-centered design approach
- Focused and disciplined with a strong ability to prioritize, stay oriented to the goal, and prevent the team from getting distracted
- Organize both high-level concepts and tangible tactics in a structured and consumable way
- Optimized product-led customer journeys across either acquisition, activation, retention, or expansion
- Strive for excellence in order to deliver great outcomes for your customer and business
- Open to feedback and new ideas, personal improvement, always raising the bar
- Strong collaborator with high EQ and a sense of empathy
Bonus points for
- Experience at commercially successful B2B SaaS companies
- Deep knowledge of business metrics, and how product experiences drive revenue and business outcomes
- Proven by track record of establishing product led growth initiatives across several areas of the customer journey
- Being judicious about when to find more information or to take calculated risks when you have to make decisions with imperfect/missing information
- Thriving in an ambiguous environment because problem solving excites you
You can look forward to the following benefits:
💰 Competitive compensation, stock options, company 401k
📚 A budget for your professional development and ongoing learning
🏝 4 weeks of paid vacation and paid sick days
💛 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your heart
🍲 Lunch delivered to your home
🏋 Company contribution to gym and wellness memberships
🚗 Commuter benefits
🍹 Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats abroad
❤️ Company contribution and access to best-in-class health benefits and your own Headspace membership
Productboard is the product management system of choice for everyone from Avast and Microsoft to rising stars like Metromile and Envoy. In early 2020, we closed our $45M Series-B round, backed by VC giants Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Index Ventures. Headquartered in San Francisco, we are a truly international company, with offices in Vancouver and Prague.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- With modern offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Prague, you can expect occasional travel across the Atlantic!
About our culture
At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
You can get to know your future colleagues by listening to our People of Productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile and People of Productboard FB page for more info about life at Productboard.