Single sign-on for backend infrastructure.
Head of Product Marketing
Job Description / Skills Required
strongDM is a customer-first, second, and third company with a rabid fan base. When was the last time you heard things like:
* Splunk's CISO Joel Fulton says "strongDM gives you what you can’t get any other way -- the ability to see what happens, replay and analyze incidents."
* Chef's co-founder Adam Jacob says "strongDM takes the friction out of getting staff access to the systems they need."
Customers love us because:
The product rocks: strongDM fundamentally changes the relationship between InfoSec, DevOps, and end users. Enforce the controls security needs while making it easier to facilitate access.
They can trust us: we built a technical product for technical buyers. We do not use jargon. There is no alternative but to always be technically accurate. We are not afraid to admit product gaps.
We’re real humans: we built a serious product without taking ourselves too seriously. Each member of the team is deadly good at their job, and yet we crack jokes on the phone with customers.
Got a passion...
...for navigating a category to win? Read on if you love spending your days crafting and telling a market narrative that is driven by founder vision, market insights, competitive analysis, and strategic product direction.
You understand how to position a solution, how to continually differentiate and inject knowledge across the sales organization, and you have a knack for getting alignment & consensus from the teams you work with along the way. You have a bias for enabling the team around you to speak to our product and vision in the most accurate and timely way, and have a passion for the customer’s voice being a part of everything we do. You set the overall market messaging and quarterly themes with which strongDM goes to market.
What You'll Do:
- Be the market, persona and customer expert
- Collaborate closely with the founders, sales, and your marketing partners to achieve growth goals and establish our market leadership position
- Own and drive the messaging and positioning used across all our activities and touchpoints to ensure we’re known for the right things
- Own and drive all product launches, establishing objectives and the right processes and activities to achieve them
- Partner with sales on all enablement activities and ensure marketing and sales have a fruitful relationship
- Set the theme, goals and direction for campaigns throughout the year to achieve our demand generation goals
- Actively build, coach, mentor, and manage a multi-disciplined team
- 10+ years of experience with demonstrated success in product marketing in a multi-functional and operational role
- Influential thinker and impeccable communicator of ideas
- Start-up mentality with deep experience collaborating across the company to lead initiatives ranging from product launches, to sales enablement, to category-creating positioning
- A subject matter expert in Infrastructure and/or DevOps, or someone who can quickly grasp developer-centric products and all the requisite implications of marketing to that buyer
- A seasoned leader that partners with sales to identify and operationalize pursuit of new buyers and markets to accelerate growth
- Experience being a spokesperson, and/or communicating regularly with c-level executives, customers, analysts and press
- Industry-standard base
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k, HSA, FSA, short/long-term disability
- 3 months parental leave
- 3 weeks PTO + standard holidays
- Equity in a fast-growing startup
- No travel required