Aurora delivers the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly.
Pittsburgh, PA, US
Bringing self-driving vehicles to our roads is the most transformative opportunity of our generation. Aurora is taking a fresh start with the development of self-driving technology, combining excellence in AI, rigorous engineering, and a team with decades of experience building robots that work.
Led by a team of seasoned experts, our mission is to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. We are designing the software and hardware to power the transportation of our future that will make our roads safer, give more people access to mobility, and reduce congestion and pollution in cities - improving the quality of life for all. The challenge in what we are endeavoring to achieve is transcendent; we are developing perhaps the world's most complex computing system and asking it to perform the task of transporting and keeping safe our most precious asset: human life.
We are looking for a Global Supply Manager (GSM) to manage our Indirect Purchases. The GSM would have strong understanding and negotiation skills so as to understand our various needs and transform them into favorable sourcing decision and purchase terms and conditions for the company. A successful GSM would be skillful in engaging cross-functionally, from internal stakeholders such as People Operations and IT to external partnerships with key suppliers.
- Work cross-functionally to gather requirements and input. Conduct research, request for Information/Proposals/Quotes (RFI, RFP, RFQ), analyze data and review with relevant stakeholders to make sound procurement decisions.
- Review and propose optimal indirect procurement processes and tools.
- Accurately capture costs, develop realistic cost models and identify opportunities for cost reduction.
- Develop and manage sustainable and positive supplier relationships while negotiating for favorable terms and conditions and pricing for the company.
- Partner closely with our Legal Team to review/draft and finalize legal agreements such as Purchase Agreements and SOWs.
- At least 5 years of indirect purchasing experience related to facilities, recruiting, benefits, travel, marketing, food services, mobile plans, other misc. categories.
- Tenacity in solving problems and has a “can do” attitude.
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-changing environment
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Ability to influence and convince internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to collaborate well with cross-functional teams such as Legal, People Operations and Finance.
Working at Aurora
Our work has real purpose. Delivering the benefits of self-driving will save lives around the world, expand access to transportation, revitalize cities, and give people time back every day.
We’re one team. We’re inspired by the challenge of what we’re solving and the impact our work will have on society. Our camaraderie is built on respect for our work and the fundamental belief our success will be a result of working together.
The Founding Team
Aurora has assembled the most experienced leadership team in the space. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Autopilot system. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. At Aurora, these three continue to bring experts from all areas of the industry to the team. We are funded by Amazon, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock and Index Ventures.