Bird is a shared electric scooter company.
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
In your role, you will collaborate with the global tax team and work cross functionally with accounting and finance teams to ensure Bird is compliant with all global tax requirements. You will assist outside tax providers in completing Bird's interim and annual global income tax reporting obligations. You will assist tax planning to ensure Bird is mitigating global tax risks and exposures.
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly and annual income tax provisions including calculating the effective tax rate, current and deferred tax provisions, taxes payable and related disclosures;
- Manage external service providers in preparing global tax returns
- Coordinate and track tax payments for sales, property, and income taxes
- Work on identifying opportunities to improve efficiencies in technology and automation
- Assist with audit controversy in various jurisdictions as required
- Other ad hoc projects as needed
- BS/BA degree in accounting or a related discipline
- 3 - 5 years of experience, preferably Big 4 or public accounting
- CPA candidate/certification preferred
- Good communication skills
- Open, honest, accurate
- Desire to perform with the best and drive constant improvement
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.