Bird is a shared electric scooter company.
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 150 cities around the world. And we're just getting started.
As the Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition you will oversee our global recruitment team and strategies. You will help build a thoughtful, data-driven, best-in-class recruiting organization. You will be responsible for supporting your team in achieving recruiting goals, establishing and iterating on processes that create efficiencies, and ensuring we continue to hire top talent. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of the global talent acquisition landscape, is passionate about management, has helped scale recruiting functions, and isn’t afraid to roll-up their sleeves and dig in.
- Lead and evolve a distributed recruiting team, building a culture of growth and development and driving team performance and engagement
- Identify needs, implement, and execute a talent acquisition strategy that will successfully recruit candidates needed to move the business forward
- Refine Bird's recruiting function to make data-driven recruiting decisions and to continue improving the overall effectiveness of our recruiting efforts
- Regularly optimize our recruiting processes so they are efficient, provide an excellent candidate experience, and are reflective of Bird's culture and values
- Be a trusted advisor and thought partner with senior leaders on talent acquisition projects across the organization
- Understand and influence the implementation and configuration of recruiting tools and platforms
- Understand our diversity, inclusivity, and equity efforts and continue building talent programs that further support our commitment to diversity
- Champion Bird's employer brand, value proposition and lead generation through creative and engaging initiatives
- A Bachelor’s degree and/or Masters in a relevant field
- 8+ years experience in a recruiting role
- 3+ years in a people management role
- A recent track record of hiring top-tier, hard to find, technology talent
- Understanding of US and EMEA talent markets
- Comfortable identifying, engaging, and closing passive candidates
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.