Bird is a shared electric scooter company.
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 150 cities around the world. And we're just getting started.
This position is responsible for supporting the design and management of Bird’s global stock programs. This position leads Bird's efforts to ensure the plan is competitive and recommends appropriate plan vehicles and structure while managing the plan administration. This role also ensures, through collaboration with Finance, Legal, and Compensation experts, that the plan remains in compliance with all regulatory, tax, and reporting requirements. This is the lead equity contact for global executives and all global teammates.
- Administer global equity compensation programs, including annual grants, new hire grants, releases (lapses and exercises) to ensure that all transactions are processed and settled accurately
- Collaborate with Finance, Legal and Talent Operation teams as well as external service providers to ensure all equity processes, programs, and reporting requirements are handled in accordance with plan terms, timelines, and regulatory requirements
- Develop analyses and reports to track and evaluate award levels, forfeitures, overhang and compliance
- Ensure global equity reporting and compliance is within international tax and regulatory requirements
- Partner with payroll leads and related parties on US and International equity income transactions
- Generate disqualified disposition reports and assist payroll with year-end tax statements
- Design, maintain and audit award databases to ensure all information and transactions are up-to-date
- Reconcile transactions, termination dates, tax withholding and reporting, and other items as required
- Process and record new grants and other transactions with a strong understanding of accounting, tax and legal implications
- Recommend improvements, revisions, and updates to the plan design, terms, and administrative processes supporting executive equity compensation programs and Board grants
- Provide oversight of registrations for non-U.S. countries (e.g., China and UK accounting and legal requirements with local teams)
- Support the technical end of various compensation projects and initiatives including the annual equity planning process by contributing to the review and recommendations of equity adjustments and other compensation related topics. Assistance may include studies, surveys, presentations, impact analyses, modeling, costing, and other ad hoc data reporting
- Create, maintain, and update communication materials such as plan documentation, administrative processes, and other informational summaries; provide training on the various equity vehicles to employees (e.g., Stock Options, RSU’s and Performance Shares)
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting, Tax, Finance or related field required
- Minimum of 7 years Stock Administration at global late-stage private and/or public technology companies
- Strong understanding of U.S. federal, state and global equity taxation
- Knowledge of major third-party equity software systems and brokerage firms or Certified Equity Professional (CEP) a plus
- Understanding of broad-based compensation programs and equity
- Analytical mindset and ability to manage large, complex data sets
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Google sheets, docs and slides
- Ability to analyze data to drive actionable and sound decision-making
- Experience in a professional, fast-paced environment
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.