Glossier Inc. is building the future beauty company in collaboration with its customers.
Glossier is looking for a driven, organized and experienced Senior Inventory Accountant. We are building out this function to manage a high volume of inventory at numerous locations, drive process improvement, and support Glossier’s growth. This role is designed for an individual who shows great attention to detail and can manage several simultaneous projects.
The Senior Inventory Accountant will report to the Inventory Accounting Manager and will be integral in improving inventory-related processes, which will ultimately enhance the efficiency and accuracy of Glossier’s financial reporting. We are looking for a team member who is excited to work with cross-functional partners and add value to the organization.
Six Month Expectations
- Perform regular balance sheet inventory reconciliations to third-party reports.
- Work closely with the Planning, Supply Chain and Transportation teams to ensure all inventory movements are properly classified, recognized, recorded and reconciled.
- Partner with internal cross-functional teams to improve inventory accruals.
- Support month-end close process and financial statement review, including variance analyses for certain areas of the financial statements.
- Prepare journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations, and maintain all relevant supporting schedules in audit-ready fashion.
- Liaise with the external auditors, supporting the year-end financial statement audit.
12+ Month Expectations
- Develop processes and workflows to improve existing processes and support growth.
- Initiate reviews and analysis to provide business insights and respond to inquiries from senior management.
- Implement ways to shorten the month-end close process by finding efficiencies.
- Assist in technical accounting research and inventory/COGS-related projects.
- Provide inputs for financial statement footnotes and disclosures related to cost of goods sold, inventory, and allowances.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2-3 years of accounting experience, preferably in public accounting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent project management and analytical skills
- CPA strongly preferred
- Public accounting experience, a plus
- Strong understanding of financial controls
- Experience with an eCommerce, beauty or start-up company, a plus
- Experience with NetSuite, a plus
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.