Attentive is a personalized mobile messaging platform for innovative brands.
Commercial Counsel, East
New York City, NY, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $230 million investment led by Coatue in September 2020, just 5 months after its Series C round due to strong customer traction. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 2,000+ of the most innovative brands like Sephora, Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, PacSun, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
Attentive is seeking a Commercial Counsel to join Attentive’s quickly-growing legal team and report to the Associate General Counsel. You should have superb legal experience and strong business judgment. You will work closely with our sales, marketing, finance, people and product teams.
Ideal candidate would reside in EST/CST or comfortable remotely supporting our east coast team.
- Structure, draft, and review SaaS agreements with clients and contracts with strategic partners, vendors and service providers
- Help draft and update contract templates and order forms in collaboration with fellow colleagues on the Legal team
- Assist the Associate General Counsel on other non-commercial, corporate and transactional matters
- Work closely with internal business teams to identify, investigate, and manage legal risk across a wide range of product, marketing, and business initiatives
- Help formulate legal policy and process across the organization as it matures and grows
- Remain knowledgeable on relevant industry and privacy laws and regulations
- Juris Doctor degree and qualified to practice law in-house in New York or the state where you live.
- At least three (3) years of legal experience, preferably at or representing successful, high-growth venture-backed companies
- Experience in drafting and negotiating SaaS and other technology agreements – either in-house or on behalf of a client.
- Able to provide legally sound, pragmatic and practical recommendations under tight deadlines
- A strong “business-friendly” style that comes with an understanding that the Legal team’s primary purpose is to support the growth and success of the business
- Enthusiastic, flexible and energetic with a results-oriented mindset particularly during certain seasonal and quarter-end periods
- TCPA compliance/marketing experience is a plus.
- Interest in assuming additional responsibilities as needed and as the organization grows
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.