Attentive is a personalized mobile messaging platform for innovative brands.
Product Design Manager
United States of America
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $230 million investment led by Coatue in September 2020, just 5 months after its Series C round due to strong customer traction. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 2,000+ of the most innovative brands like Sephora, Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, PacSun, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
We are looking for an experienced Product Design Manager to lead a set of designers and work with cross-functional partners to define the strategy within our product verticals. As the Product Design Manager, you’ll be responsible for building and leading a team of product designers to execute on our product roadmap and level-up our digital products. You’ll work collaboratively to foster a data-driven design culture across the product and company.
The ideal candidate will have successfully led a product design team in a previous role, shipped a complex web product to a large user base, and fostered a spirit of learning and teamwork amongst their peers. They are a strategic visionary, but are also extremely comfortable diving into the day to day.
You @ Attentive
- You will manage a team of Product Designers, while being a strategic lead for your product area. This role requires allocating the right support and resources, ensuring deadlines are met and setting up team members for overall success.
- You’ll lead the development of the long-term vision and quarterly goals for your product area and design team.
- You’ll lead, mentor, and support a fast growing product design team.
- You’ll partner with Product and Engineering leadership to ensure a seamless product development process from discovery to launch.
- You’ll cultivate a creative design process that is built on strong cross-functional collaboration.
Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years industry experience in a people management role on a Product Design team.
- 5+ years of related professional experience, leading design initiatives and strategy on consumer or enterprise experiences
- Unafraid to ask questions and communicate effectively and openly, working across teams and directly with department heads
- Proactive and proficient at mentoring designers and members from other teams.
- A portfolio that demonstrates your leadership philosophy and end-to-end product experiences you have taken from discovery to launch
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, with an entrepreneurial ownership mentality.
- You are kind, direct and inclusive
Benefits & Perks
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Full support for remote work during COVID-19
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.