Attentive is a personalized mobile messaging platform for innovative brands.
Event Marketing Manager
New York City, NY, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $230 million investment led by Coatue in September 2020, just 5 months after its Series C round due to strong customer traction. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 2,000+ of the most innovative brands like Sephora, Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, PacSun, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
Attentive is looking for an ambitious Event Marketing Manager to join our team. In today’s changing event environment, this role will straddle demand gen and customer marketing and be responsible for the execution of virtual experiences (sponsored, proprietary, and partner), as well as our presence at conferences, proprietary events, and industry partner events once live events return. This role will work closely with Marketing and Sales leadership on event strategy, content, promotion, and measurement.
- Creative Development: Proactively develop new ideas for assigned sponsorship executions and proprietary experiences, including agenda, attendee sign-up, logistics, activations, content, marketing copy and design, collateral, and gifting. Work with the design team to develop creative briefs and make sure all event collateral is on brand and unique to its target audience & channel.
- Promotion: Develop a comprehensive internal and external promotion plan that maximizes awareness and lead generation before, during, and after each event, in collaboration with growth, content, customer marketing, partner, and design teams, and using digital tools such as Hubspot. Author all marketing and sales comms.
- Vendor Management: Manage external relationships with vendors, including contract negotiation, activation/swag/F&B, virtual vendors, mailer gifting, and venue planning.
- Content: Collaborate with customer marketing, partnerships, and internal stakeholders to identify speakers for sponsored and proprietary events. Create interactive agendas for proprietary events that utilize the industry’s best practices. Fine tune session abstracts, decks, and speaking notes. Manage additional content deliverables such as digital ads, collateral, text messaging campaigns.
- Operations: Manage the event marketing project planner, budget, and internal resources for assigned projects. Coordinate inventory, ordering, and shipping of event-related materials.
- Measurement: Consistently track the performance and ROI effectiveness of each event marketing activity (leads generated, deals influenced, deals closed, cost per lead, etc.). Work closely with sales to make sure all campaigns are followed through to maximize the impact of each event.
- 5+ years total professional experience; with 3+ years B2B event marketing experience, including trade shows, proprietary, and virtual events (experience within e-commerce/retail vertical a plus)
- Genuine interest in mobile technology
- Clear, concise communicator with excellent writing skills (including marketing comms)
- Creative and critical thinker with out of the box solutions and ideas
- Expert in project management, budget building, and tracking
- Able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment. Past startup experience a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce, Hubspot, Monday.com, virtual event platforms and text messaging technology a plus
- Availability to travel once it is safe to do so
Benefits & Perks
- Robust benefits package including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month gym reimbursement
- Free catered lunch, customized snacks and drinks, cold-brew coffee and kombucha on tap
- Excellent team offsites, regular company-wide social events
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.