Attentive is a personalized mobile messaging platform for innovative brands.
Director of Security & Compliance
United States of America
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $230 million investment led by Coatue in September 2020, just 5 months after its Series C round due to strong customer traction. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 2,000+ of the most innovative brands like Sephora, Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, PacSun, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
The Director of Security & Compliance is a leadership role at Attentive responsible for helping formulate and establish the security strategy, standards and direction. This role will be responsible for not only Attentive’s infrastructure, but also for the integration of security technology and security practices into a fast-paced engineering organization to provide protection across the platform. This is a technical role, providing leadership for application security and operations engineers.
You @ Attentive
- Develop and implement a long term roadmap for security operations at Attentive
- Review and refine existing key security processes; including threat hunting, vulnerability management, log ingestion, security monitoring, threat analysis, and our security incident response lifecycle
- Partner with the sales organization to present to large clients on Attentive’s security policies
- Brief our executive leadership on emerging security threats and develop proposals on how to address these threats through building security controls and processes
- Ensure our entire team is well aligned, collaborating well with partners, and building deep relationships across Attentive, including our IT and our product team partners
- Engage with partners in the industry, law enforcement, and threat intelligence vendors; and share and exchange standard methodologies with our customers and the SaaS industry
- Prior experience as a security leader at a similar level in a growth technology company (especially being able to proactively drive things forward in such an environment)
- Must have experience leading a company through SOC or ISO certifications and attestation
- Must have experience continuing to renewing and maintaining SOC or ISO over an extended period of time
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an Information Security leader in a platform or enterprise software company
- Technical foundation (Bachelor's, Master's in Computer Science or another STEM degree e.g. Math/Physics/Electrical Engineering etc.)
- An innate ability to translate technical vulnerabilities into broader organizational risks
- An understanding and background partnering closely with security compliance, application security, and privacy teams
- Experience securing cloud based infrastructures; AWS experience a plus
- Ability to develop a strategic plan, and also discuss details at a technical level with functional managers and engineers
Benefits & Perks:
Robust benefits package including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month wellness
Free delivered lunch and other goodies sent home
Full support for remote working during covid
An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.