Aurora delivers the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly.
Bringing self-driving vehicles to our roads is the most transformative opportunity of our generation. Aurora is taking a fresh start with the development of self-driving technology, combining excellence in AI, rigorous engineering, and a team with decades of experience building robots that work.
Led by a team of seasoned experts, including three of the world’s leaders of self-driving technology, our mission is to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. We are designing the software and hardware to power the transportation of our future that will make our roads safer, give more people access to mobility, and reduce congestion and pollution in cities - improving the quality of life for all. The challenge in what we are endeavoring to achieve is transcendent; we are developing perhaps the world’s most complex computing system and asking it to perform the task of transporting and keeping safe our most precious asset: human life.
We’re searching for a Senior Compensation Business partner to join our incredible People Operations team. This person will play a key role in shaping the compensation programs and processes in a rapidly growing company. You must be passionate about building things, solving complex problems, and have an appetite for the opportunity to make outsized impact.. Our company values drive everything we do, so you will be a beacon of objectivity, fairness, integrity and transparency.
- Design and implement processes to scale the compensation program
- Partner in the development of a brand-new job architecture and career framework
- Lead the annual compensation planning process, including data prep, auditing, managing budgets, and reporting out on key findings
- Deliver regular trainings on topics such as compensation philosophy, programs, and effective compensation conversations
- Empower managers to make successful compensation decisions on their own through coaching, tools and frameworks
- Advocate for fairness, transparency and company values in all decisions
- Support the talent acquisition team in making compelling offers that align with Aurora’s compensation philosophy and consider parity with existing employees
- Provide market data and insights to support compensation-related decisions
- Collaborate on cross-functional teams to execute on everything from strategic projects to day-to-day activities
- Build strong working relationships with the entire people operations team
- Passionate about building new things and solving complex problems
- 5-10 years total experience in compensation
- Experience at a high-growth technology company preferred
- Effective communication with people at all levels of the organization including ability to explain complex ideas in a simple, clear manner
- Results-driven with strong project management experience
- Detail-oriented, laser focused, and with strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Proven ability to build solid, trusting and credible relationships
- High integrity and ethics in handling confidential information
- Workday experience preferred
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage competing priorities is essential
Working at Aurora
Our work has real purpose. Delivering self-driving will improve lives around the world, expanding access to transportation, revitalizing cities, giving people more time back every day.
We’re one team. We’re inspired by the challenge of what we’re solving and the impact our work will have on society. Our camaraderie is built on respect for our work and the fundamental belief our success will be a result of working together.
The Founding Team
Aurora has assembled the most experienced leadership team in the space. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Autopilot system. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. At Aurora, these three continue to bring experts from all areas of the industry to the team. We are funded by some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia Capital, Greylock and Index Ventures.